Chapter 2: You, Me, and Baifern?

Gulf's eyes continued to stare at his very still and lifeless body in the ICU from behind the glass window separating him and his real body. He was unable to think clearly. What has happened to him? Why does his body lying helplessly in the ICU bed and his soul ... his soul is now clinging to the body of a woman he did not know at all.

          Mew also still could not believe his eyes. Obviously the woman in front of him was Baifern. But why did she insisted that she was a man he had just met, Gulf? Why do strange things like this happen?

          Gulf then looked at Mew with a worried look.

          "Stop staring at me like that. I told you I'm Gulf. I swear to God I-AM-GULF-KANAWUT! I also don't understand if I'm getting crazy right now, but I'm really not this woman. I'm Gulf. I seriously am Gulf Kanawut !! So please stop talking to me in Thai. I really don't understand what you're talking about. "

          Mew's eyes still cling to the so-called Gulf who is currently trapped in the body of Baifern Pimchanok, his lover who has betrayed him. This is not a dream. He had been pinching himself all this time and he was sure this wasn't a dream.

          "Say something. I don't want to feel this craziness by myself."

          "I still don't understand ... how ... how did all this happen?"

          "Do you think I understand? I also don't understand how all this can happen. What I know is ... I'm a Gulf and I'm trapped in the body of a woman I don't know at all ... I don't even know who this woman is!"

          "I don't know if this makes sense, or if I've started to go crazy. But ... if only ... if only you were indeed Gulf- "

          "I am indeed Gulf! That's not an if! "

          "OK. Say you are Gulf ... then ... where is Baifern right now? "

          Mew and Gulf looked at each other for a moment and gasped in surprise before they adverted their eyes, looking at the ICU room where Gulf's body was lying in a coma.

          "It's impossible ...", they both said in unison.

◆※◆

          Gulf sat nervously, holding a paper cup filled with warm water on his hand. His eyes continued to stare at the door and his finger kept tapping on the edge of the paper cup that he was holding. A moment later, he impatiently placed his glass on the table and walked over to a large mirror that was displayed in the bathroom. His eyes gazed back and forth at his body which was currently lying in a coma on the bed and onto the mirror. A figure of a woman clearly depicted in the mirror. It felt awkward. He caressed her face then to her curly hair over her shoulder. Even in his dreams he never thought that something like this could happen. A lot of crazy things occurred overnight. Only overnight, he has turned into the figure of a woman he did not recognize at all.

          The sound of the door opening and closing was heard a moment later. Gulf hurriedly stepped out of the bathroom and saw Mew flinging onto the soft couch in the corner of the room.

          "How is it?", Gulf asked impatiently.

          "How's what?"

          "God! The f**k! What is this!", he clenched his fist, "I don't even know what kind of question I should ask you!"

          "Just help me to get a glass of water would you?". Mew pleaded.

          Gulf stared at him in disbelief, "And you're here now, asking for a glass of water? At this moment? Are you kidding me?"