Ch. 5: Co-Workers

"Well I dont trust him!" Vaggie said. Y/n and Angel Dust looked at her, and Angel Dust smirked at her and asked, "To be fair..." He started, "Do you trust any men? Any men? Hah.. men?"

Vaggie stood from her seat and walked to Charlie. Grabbing her by the arm and pulling her away from Alastor and warning her.

"Jeez... She's no fun." Angel Dust sighed, although he was silenced by Y/n. This time, being lazy however, Y/n used her wolf ears to listen to their conversation. It may be rude, but its hell; and she needed all the information she needs.

"Charlie listen to me, you cant believe this creep. He isn't just a happy face, he's a deal maker, pure evil! He cant be redeemed... And is most probably finding a way to destroy everything we're trying to do." Vaggie started, fear and worry in her voice as both women looked Alastor with fear evident. Y/n cant blame then, the man made a name for himself; a name feared by many.

Y/n looked at Alastor who was checking on the family photo of Charlie. He looked very calm and aproachable, but his background isn't very. "I.... Uh... We dont know that." Charlie replied.

"Look, I know he's bad, and I know that he probably doesn't wanna change..." She paused and looked at Alastor with inspecting eyes. She then continued, "But the whole point of this is to give people a chance. To have faith, and things will be better." She looked down as if the floor was the most attractive thing.

"How can I turn someone away? I cant! It goes against everything I'm trying to do." She added, shrugging in disappointment. She held Vaggie's shoulder in a calming way, "Everything I believe in. Just trust me, I can take care of myself." She added once more.

Vaggie sighed and said, "Charlie... Whatever you do, do not make a deal with him." Looking at Alastor once more, Y/n as well. Upon landing eyes on him, her head buzzed, pain even worse.

"Gah..." She gasped as she held her head. Angel Dust, out of worry, quickly grabbed on her to prevent her from falling forwards. "You okay there babe?" He asked in worry. The pain quickly went away as quick as it came, and she huffed for air. "I'm..." she gasped before straightening herself, "I'm fine... Its my head, it just hurts..." She honest to trust Angel, and Angel comforted her and told her to just sit down for a little while.

"Well I learmed one thing from my dad! You dont take shit from other demons." It was funny how Y/n remembered Lucifer telling her the same thing as Charlie had said. Although her head was a wrecked, she listened carefully to what was happening.

"Okay, so yeah... You're sketchy as fuck and you clearly see what I'm trying to do is some kind of joke." Charlie said turning her back away from Alastor, and Y/n swore on the king of hell that she saw weird marking floating around Alastor and disappearing right away.

"But I dont. I believe everyone deserves a chance to prove they can be better." Charlie added to her sentence and facing Alastor, and continueing, "So I'm taking your offer to help--On the condition that there be no tricks or vodoo strings attached." It was funny how Charlie made a gesture with her hands and fingers.

Y/n was surprised how the princess just accepted his proposal to help. Vaggie was utmost right to not trust the man, but Charlie just believes there are more to him that meets the eye. It may seem a little bit illogical, but atleast they had to be safe. Y/n then remembered about Lucifer and Lilith—she'll have to inform Charlie's parents of this.

"So its a deal then?" Alastor asked as he leaned forwards, holding his hand out, awaiting for Charlie to shake it while spinninf his antique microphone like he was part of a parade. There was air, strong air centering around Alastor and a lime light that glowed around him. Y/n shot right up and ran to Charlie, shielding her from him and slapping his hand away, "No! No deals, no nothing. You should know that having a deal with a demon is a type of trick and vodoo craft!" She yelled immidiately. Charlie was suprised, and so was Vaggie(which she was glad that Charlie was okay).