The Nut Explodes

Fred walks to a computer room to check his emails on his Fred The Mockingjay Lives! Website. A Fred fan named Ingrid shows up. Fred says hey, your familiar! Ingrid says you know who I'am, remember, I commented on your Figgle Wiggle video three years ago? Fred says oh, yeah I know now! Ingrid tells Fred that he will need more back up fighters for the war and meet them on the roof, ASAP. Nice chatting with you good luck, Fred. He tells her goodbye too. Fred meets them on the roof. It was Cassandra Blue and the Figglets. Cassandra says they are not the Figglets anymore, they are now the Figglejays. Cassandra says we will participate in your war, Fred and see you after, goodbye. Fred leaves the roof to meet Bertha. Bertha's plan has mixed reactions. People point out that the people from 2 are innocent victims. Fred realizes that Bertha is dangerous. Boggs suggests a compromise in which they follow part of Bertha's plan but then take the people from the Nut as prisoners of war. Beetee says they need to check in with Coin about the strategy. Later that same day, the rebels are about to engage with the Nut. Fred is taking part, as the Mockingjay. The plan works. The people in the Nut aren't at all prepared for the rebels to attack them, and their response is too late. The avalanche is successful and traps all the citizens inside the Nut. This gives Fred a flashback to finding out about the gold mining accident that killed his father. About waiting for him to come out of the collapsed tunnel, and the fact that he never appeared. Over the intercom in his earpiece, Haymitch makes him snap out of it and retreat. He goes inside and is overcome by other memories. Boggs comes to join him and says that they didn't just automatically kill everyone, they went with the prisoner of war plan. Any survivors will leave the mountain and come out into the square by the train station, which the rebels have nearly taken under complete control. Haymitch speaks to Fred again and updates him on Kevin. Outside, the battle continues, and Fred wishes for the old Kevin. That night, Fred hears from Haymitch again. He wants him to act as the Mockingjay and recite a speech, encouraging the remaining survivors to turn themselves in. Just as Fred gives his speech, the remaining survivors start appearing. Fred intercedes in what could be a bloodbath and tells the rebels to stop. He runs out to defend one of the survivors and he points his gun at him. It's a moment of extreme danger. Fred saves the day by telling him they've suffered the same way and that they're all being used by other people. He tells the man to kill him because it's what the Capitol would want. As he coaxes him, Fred thinks about Kevin and how noble he is. He encourages everyone around him to join together as one. He also talked about how Brutus sacrificed himself and he gets it. And then, Fred gets shot, but he heard the pistol drop to the ground, as he pretends to drop dead.