Tigris's Shop

Bertha and Fred confer. They have limited time before they get tracked down again. They check with Cressida and realize they've surfaced in a building that is in downtown, full of civilians and distractions. They disguise themselves in the clothes they find in the apartment and prepare to enter the streets. They have to keep from showing their faces just in case they are recognized. In a nick of time, Cressida leads them to a small store where furs are sold and introduces them to a woman named Tigris. Tigris has a grotesque face like a cat's and is a plastic surgery veteran. Fred thinks he recognizes Tigris from a Hunger Games, as a stylist long ago. Tigris is willing to help them, after Cressida mentions Plutarch, until Fred shows himself. But it works, Tigris leads the remaining team into the underground hideout within her shop. Fred tells Tigris, he's planning to kill Snow as a means of gaining his confidence. The hideout is tiny and basic. Bertha is suffering and Fred has to stitch her up. Afterwards, he tries to heal Kevin too. They have another moment of closeness, where it seems like hijacking is fading even more. He makes him restrain him before falling asleep, though. They're too tired to stand and watch, so they all go to sleep. Fred has a dream about Cinna. The next day, Fred obsesses over the deaths he's caused on this trip so far. Nine people have died so far, and most of them because of him. Finally he tells the others he's made up the assignment to kill Snow. To his surprise, they all knew and went along with his plan anyway. This is suppose to make Fred feel better, but yes. Finally Kevin tells him that he does still have the power and can succeed. So, Fred pulls it together. He and others start trying to figure out a way to complete that task anyway. This means getting to Snow's home from the little shop. Fred suggests another plan, that they use him as bait to get Snow out. The others convince him that should be a last resort. Then, Tigris has them come out of their spot temporarily to eat something. She shows them the latest Capitol TV program featuring them. Now the Capitol's identifying Fred and the team, and trying to get civilians to turn them in. It's only a matter of time before they get caught. Then they go hide again for the night. Fred listens to Bertha and Kevin talk about being in love with him. They disagree about whom he loves more, and both seem jealous of the other. Bertha says that Fred will make his choice based on whoever he thinks he can't survive without.