Human Shields for Snow

Bertha's comments really hurt Fred's feelings, because they have a little bit of truth to them. He decides he doesn't need either girl or guy. The next day, the team is able to watch a TV broadcast from the other side. The rebels have made a progress and the Capitol's strategy is changing. There have been some losses on both sides. Civilians begin to flee the Capitol. Tigris goes to gather information. Meanwhile, Fred's suspicions about what they should do grow. He's worried about their options both now and when/if the rebels win. He still wants to assassinate Snow. Tigris eventually comes back with real food and everyone eats ravenously. On the streets, the civilians are spilling over into a mad sea of folks seeking refuge. It's clearly getting more difficult to restrain public feeling. A young man was murdered just because he had a slight resemblance to Kevin. The team will not be able to stay with Tigris much longer. Fred and Bertha step aside to confer. They decide to strike the next day. They want Kevin to stay behind because he's a loose cannon. Kevin says he'll create a distraction so they can get through. Bertha gives him her own suicide pill in case there are no other options. That night no one can sleep. The next morning they fortify themselves and head out. Tigris, always helpful, helps them put on disguises. They go out into the streets like all the other refugees. Fred let's Kevin out of his restraints. They hugged. Once outside, the six team members are split into groups as they move along with the refugees. Things seem ok until a bunch of shots are fired. Several civilians, teen girls and children die. Fred is concerned that these deaths were caused by friends on his side. Fred, Bertha and Enobaria don't join in because they're trying to keep their cover. They gather more weapons and then keep going forward. They step into a huge fight scene. The rebels are fully on-site and taking down members of the Capitol's forces. Everywhere, terrible weapons go off. Fred, Enobaria and Bertha work together to move through it, as major carnage takes place all around them. Then, one of the streets breaks in half. Fred and Bertha are separated, but Enobaria is still with Fred. Fred and Enobaria almost falls into the huge crevasse and barely able to pull themselves back out. Bertha is trapped in front of a door that won't open. Fred shoots at it and it opens, but Bertha gets snatched by Peacekeepers. She quietly mouthed to Fred, kill me. But Bertha is now gone. Fred and Enobaria, both ran. Then, Fred realizes that Bertha is at the total mercy of the other side and was asking him to kill me before they could torture her, but he didn't do it in time. Fred and Enobaria has to keep going, so they head back out into a groups of refugees. They find themselves right in front of Snow's palace in the downtown area. Imprisoned children and teen girls surround his estate, and Fred realizes the kids and teen girls are being held there to keep Snow safe. Then, Fred realizes the rebels have arrived. He sees a bunch of parachute packages raining down on them. Even more cruelly, Fred sees some rebels who are medics coming in to help the kids and teen girls. The two older figures are Holly and Judy, who both went to a hovercraft to deliver the supplies, but that hovercraft tipped over on them and exploded. More and more explosions go off, and that's all that Fred and Enobaria remembered. That day, the Capitol fell.