Chapter One:When Everything Seems Perfect

It's 6:00am in the morning and she needs to hurry for her morning lecture which begins at 8 am. Given the fact that her hostel apartment is close to the University, Karen Joseph decided to prepare her usual breakfast of rice porridge which she loved most. Eating breakfast before class was her usual habit and a necessary thing for her since she couldn't concentrate in class on a hungry stomach. Done with her meal, she took her shower, put on a blue Jean with a cropped white top and with a little make up to add to her beauty, grabbed her backpack and headed towards campus in her black corolla.

On her way to campus, the episode of the previous day kept popping up in her head. She couldn't believe the fact that she almost run her car over a poppy on her way back from lectures which almost cost her her own life while trying to save the innocent poppy. Fortunately for her, she succeeded in hitting on the breaks after swerving off the road and almost running into a provision shop.

She remember clearly getting off her car and picking up the poppy, parting it on the head and apologizing to it. She is awoken from her thoughts when the phone on the seat beside her displayed a familiar name calling.

"Hey George what's up? I'm on my way to campus".
"Baby girl I'm good..... I was wondering if you could pass by the bookshop and get me some stationary... I was in a hurry so I forgot my books for the day". His soothing voice replied .
"sure dude. I'm close by one.. Text me what you need and I will get them for you. Can't talk much since I'm driving. "
" Alright babes thanks . See you in class then"
"What are friends for? See you soon."

Hanging up, she placed the phone back and turn on the left side of the road realising the road is clear. With the text from George, she parked  the car in front of the bookshop and walked in to buy the stationery and left back to continue her drive to campus.
George was a good friend of hers considering the fact that , they have known each other since childhood and their parents were friends as well. Karen had known since high school that George has always had a crush on her and loved her not just as a friend, but as a girl he would love to have as a romantic relationship with. However, she decided to be oblivious of the fact and whenever George decides to raise the subject, she always was a genius in changing the topic and trying to let him know how much she loves him just as a friend.

George on the other hand, has known her thoughts since the beginning but however , he never missed the opportunity of giving her those pet names as "baby", "babes" and many more.
Thinking about this on her way to school as well as many other things made her worried and helpless, not realizing she had already arrived on campus.
She parked the black corolla mindlessly until she got startled by a knock on her side of the door.
A bright smile welcomed her and she naturally returned the smile back to the familiar face.
"that was quick. Thank you babes. The lecture is almost beginning now. Let's hurry before we have to stay by the windows to listen to the professor ". With a laughter, Karen picked up her backpack and handed the stationery to George as they hurried to the lecture hall . They took their seats by each other,
prepared for the morning lecture.

George was tall and well built , his black hair was always clean shaved . And his dark skin and brown eyes complemented his appearance perfectly. He was that guy whose existence alone could make girls cry from their insides. His perfectly rounded pink lips was one thing every girl wanted to have a taste of. Karen found him attractive like the other girls do but, she has always wanted to remain in the friends zone because she wouldn't be able to bear it if anything should go wrong. Loosing him as a friend was something she couldn't afford.

She was following through the lecture fully until she had her concentration stolen away by the figure she saw outside her lecture hall across the practice room towards the administration block.
The individual seemed to be returning from the administration block with some files in his left hand and a blue backpack designed with a familiar white teddy bear meant to fit it's back pocket zeeper. Karen got confused and was wondering if it was who she thought it was. Seeking permission from the professor to visit the washroom, she dashed behind the lecture hall, making sure to take the back exit that led to the car park.
"Jerry! " The owner of the name turned to where the sound came from
" damn it", he said to himself when he realized he had seen the person he prayed not to see on his visit to the school.
With those sharp eyes burning into his skin, he knew the other person had many questions to ask him of which he wasn't ready to answer at the moment. Finding a way to escape from those sharp eyes, he decided to persuade Karen to talk later in the evening. It wasn't so hard to persuade her since he succeeded while fleeing in his car, leaving the girl behind with so many questions to ask but of course had to wait to get the answers later in the evening.

Thank you everyone for the patient. This is actually my first work on Watt pad, and I would appreciate it if you could read and add your comments letting me know my performance which will encourage me to work earnestly in bringing you what you need in the next chapters. Kindly vote, follow and recommend to friends and family to encourage me in bringing you exciting stories. See you in the next chapter 😄😄

Lovelace loves you all😘😘😘