Chapter Three :Euphoria

It's still early in the morning and the body coiled up on the bed seemed not concerned of the surrounding environment. The blue alarm clock by the bed side starts singing is noisy melody trying to wake it's owner up.  The owner however is lost in the land of dream fantasy as she is seen smiling to herself regardless of the noise in the room. A sudden frown erupted from the smiley  face and without warning,  she grabbed the clock and slammed it on the floor still with the eyes closed and not bothering to open them. She rolled from one side of the little bed to the other side trying to get back to sleep but unable to.

Finally,  the phone by the bed side started  ringing and stretching out her hand, she retrieved the phone from the bed side table, glanced at it to see the intruder of her sleep. She stared at the name and hesitated in answering it, looking down on the screen till the call ended. She was just about returning to continue with her sleeping business when the phone ranged for the second time. Annoyingly,  she received the call with a blow on her fist showing how annoyed she was.
"HI babes" The voice sounded so smooth but at the same time sad, making her release the blow on her fist unconsciously. "H...h..hi." she said with hesitancy as she bit her left index finger.
"Before anything I want to apologize for my childishness yesterday. I was so stupid to have done that.  I know I disrespected you on my behavior and I'm so sorry about that.  I couldn't sleep throughout the night because I felt so miserable for my actions and the thoughts of what I did made me feel how bad I have been as your boyfriend. Maybe I don't deserve you.  You are too good for me. I... I...  I.. I feel so stupid right now baby.  I'm so sorry. " The person on the other phone went silent as sobs could be heard on the phone. Unconsciously,  she began to shed tear when she heard the person on the other side of the phone sobbing.

" You were right.  I think I'm obsessive over you as you said.  I haven't done much for you as your boyfriend and yet all I do is make you cry.  I'm so sorry dear... I really am sorry. Can you forgive me please? I promise it's never gonna happen again. I can return to my school even if you want. If you don't need me to be there I can go back. Just tell me you've forgiven me please babes. I... I.. I swear it won't..... "
" It's alright JD. No need to swear on that. The harm has already been done.  I know you are sorry.  I'm sorry too for making you angry.  I know I shouldn't have said those words too.  Karen is sorry for what happened too JD. " Both were crying now and if one should see that,  it would be thought as if there were  mourning over a deceased friend. The sobbing and crying went on for a while and then the giggle in her voice made the other person confused.  For a moment he thought she was making fun of him, by pretending to have forgiven him. However, the confused heart was relieved when the owner of the giggle made a funny statement. "look at us sobbing like some kids who just got their sweets taken away by some bullies" both laughed out softly, and for a moment it appeared like nothing had happened.

"forgive my manners.  How are you by the way?  Did you sleep well last night? " Jerry asked her after remembering he forgot to ask of her health." I felt very miserable last night" she replied "but strangely I fell asleep after looking on my phone for a while.  I slept off without even knowing what time it was.  She giggled on remembering the message she received after the fight (from George 😉😄). "
" Oh I see.  And here I  was, unable to catch even an hour sleep. And you were sleeping soundly without a single thought of me huh. "he giggled" I thought it was a break up from the way you said(mimicking her) 'get out JD I don't want to see you' If only you knew the way my heart leapt from its place ... You would have rushed to do a CPR on me" Both laughed hilariously reminding themselves of last night's event.
"You deserved that. It should have dropped down from your chest then.  I guess it was your lucky day."They continued with their conversation amidst laughter and giggles." Today is Saturday. Any plans for the weekend? Or you  would like to come visit? " he said,  hoping for a positive reply." Err.... I... Err"
"It's alright if you can't.  I'm only asking you." He interrupted her hearing the hesitancy in her voice. " Nothing like that babes.  I was wondering if it's OK to interrupt your weekend with your mum. I remember you telling me she is around for the week."   "Yeah she did come around because she had to attend to something at granny's.  She's gone back to my dad and I don't know when they both are coming.  Perhaps it's been more than a month you came over to the house.  You always seem busy whenever I come to visit you too. We've not had time to ourselves for a while now and I would love to spend this weekend with you if you're free."  Karen smiled to herself after realising they haven't spend time together for a long while. " It's a great idea.  Why not?  Let's spend this weekend together after many days of our busy schedules."  She smiled to herself.  "So it's a date then. And err... Hope I'm forgiven too?"
" Not yet!  You have to earn my forgiveness. So whatever you do to earn that,  it's up to you to decide."  She smirked when the thought of giving him a tough time crossed her mind.  She shouldn't forgive him easily.  No!  Not yet. He needs to earn it. "Alright my queen.  Your wish is my command. So I will pick you up at 8 or what do you think?"  "That's OK with me.  I will be waiting then."  " Alright my angel see you when I see you. I love you."
" You've earned a point now... Try to earn the rest throughout the weekend. Bye!"  She cut off the call placed the phone back on the table then checked the time. "It's 5:30am? Still early to be up for anything." She coiled up again on the bed, pulled the blanket over herself and drifted off to sleep.