Chapter Eight : The Deal😝

The incident of the other  day kept bothering her and considering the fact that both guys wouldn't tell her what the deal was about made her very perturbed and anxious.
" Is nothing serious baeb. It's a deal to settle our differences and end this rivalry once and for all. You have nothing to lose, trust me. "what do you mean by  I have nothing to lose? " she had questioned Jerry later on that day when they met at the parking area after lectures. However, he seemed not worried about how perturbed she was. He just insisted that she shouldn't be worried but wait patiently." you will get to find out about the deal anyway. Just hold on for a while." He insisted. What at all were this guys thinking? Were they planning something that was going to erupt a huge scandal or what?

She kept worrying herself about what the outcome of their deal of which she knew nothing was going to be. The phone beside her began to play the familiar tone which she answered. Realising that it was George calling, she relaxed her nerves thinking she was going to get at least some answers from her friend to calm her down. " Hi George, how is it going?"
She answered as the other person on the other side of the phone sent a greeting to her. " I'm good dear. Hey you sound nervous. What's the problem?"
She wasted no time in asking him straight away when George enquired hearing how nervous she sounded on the phone.
" What is going on between you and Jerry? The way you both looked at each other by the door of the lecture hall scared me. And on top of it all you guys exchanged a hand shake. I asked Jerry and he said you guys had a deal. What at all is this deal about?"
"Oh wait! Did he already tell you we had a deal? I guess someone is scared of loosing  to me in love."
"wait! What's he talking about?  Who is loosing who to who in love?" Karen thought of it. But her thoughts were spoken out loud since the other person heard it.

" Oh too bad.  I thought he already told you about the deal.  Seeing you know nothing about it is  good. At least I can work harder than before. It might be my luck this time. "
" George please whatever you guys are up isn't going to help. I think you guys should end this whole deal or whatever it is before someone gets hurt."
She complained as she let out her fears to him. This whole thing was becoming scary. And the fact that both guys didn't want to tell her what it was wasn't funny.
" calm down Karen. You have nothing to lose. Just watch the game being played and see who wins. I'm not letting my guard off. I have to win at all cost."
" George this isn't funny anymore. Leave me out whatever this whole deal is about. I don't want to be a part of this deal,  game or whatever it is. Don't get me involved."
" Don't worry Karen. I already told you. There is nothing to be afraid of. Talk to you later. Take care if yourself for me."
" Alright but please you guys should leave me out of this. Talk to you later then bye.... "
" wait hold on...." he interrupted her
"what is it again George?" she complained. "Karen..." 
" what is it George?" Her voice sounded irritating " I love you" 
Thup ! The other side of the phone hanged up. " What?... Did I hear wrongly or what?"

She contemplated about what George had said. This wasn't part of the deal right?  She hoped so. Because if it really were then she didn't know what the outcome was going to be. It was going to be an interesting but yet sad when things goes wrong. " who was the initiator of this deal?"  she wondered which of the two was crazy enough to have thought about this in the first place. Somehow she began to think it was going to be interesting to Watch those two play this game. Interestingly she had already decided to watch and play along with them because she had this strong conviction that the whole thing had something to do with her.

The following morning, she was surprised to see George's car parked outside her apartment. She was wondering what he could be doing there at that time of the morning when it was almost time for lectures. Just as she was moving away from the window she noticed a familiar car parking right beside George's.
" Oh no!" she exclaimed. " That's Jerry's car. What are both guys doing here by this time of the morning?"  she uttered aloud and rushed towards the door just in time to see George about knocking the door.
" Oh hey. I see you're ready for school. I came to pick you up."
" not so fast Man! I'm here to pick up my girlfriend" Jerry interrupted them from behind as he walked towards Karen and placed his arms around her neck.
" Oh I see. But the boyfriend is late. I guess the the best friend came earlier because he made her his priority this morning. " He smirked moved to stand in front of Jerry, Intimidating him.
He moved his hand away from her neck and moved closer to George, with both hands in either side of his side pockets.
" Oh is that so? But the boyfriend is here already and he insist on picking his baby up. What can you do about that?"

Sensing the possible fight and embarrassed of the scene that was possibly going to happen then, she interrupted them " wow guys is OK. There is no need to make a big scene out of this. Since we all have our cars, can we go together each in his own car whiles I go in my own car.?I can drive myself to school"  she suggested as she stood between both guys smiling. " Baby come on. You can save fuel for later. Come with me."
Jerry convinced her but to no avail.
" Let me worry about that myself. Now if there is nothing to discuss or argue about, can we proceed to campus since we're getting late?
Both men retraced their steps, moving away from each other with George sending a deadly glance at Jerry.