Chapter Two :The Argument 😢

It was  already 4:30 pm and the activities of the day was over. Karen had invited George and Anne to have supper at her hostel apartment. Both friends couldn't refuse since it was a free supper and more importantly because they loved Karen's dishes.

Karen was a good cook who made sure that whoever had a taste of her dishes would always come back for more. Given her looks and background, one would think she was a spoilt brat who did nothing but only, eat, learn, sleep and hung out with friends as a lot of people imagined or so thought.
She was a beautiful girl with  her natural hair long and thick. She had beautiful  model legs that always attracted the attention of others whenever she walked by in short skirts and dresses. Her slim waist and pointed breasts always made her look beautiful in whatever clothes she wore.

Born as an only child, Karen had always been envious of friends with siblings. She had always nagged her  parents on countless occasions to give her  siblings with  whom she could share both  her happy and sad moments  with. She needed a brother or sister who she would share her entire life with. However, her parents had explained to her on various occasions that God could only bless them with one which was her . But no matter how hard they tried , they  still couldn't give her the siblings she so much wanted.
To compensate her, they provided  her with whatever she needed, making sure she lacked nothing. She even had the privilege to stay at either Anne's or George's home over the weekend since both friends lived with their parents. She only visited her parents home once or twice a month of which her parents never complained but finally rented an apartment for her.

Today, she decided to spoil her two friends to a special mixed rice and vegetables delicacy with barbecue and some soft drinks.

With supper served, the famished persons began to dig into their food while talking about the day's lectures and activities of the day. But she changed face all of a sudden with the mention of paper work , as she remembered seeing her boyfriend on her campus that morning with the files in his hand. The thoughts of that unannounced visit of Jerry couldn't be pushed out of her mind as she kept dwelling on what could have possibly brought him to the University. She couldn't even notice as the barbecue on her plate was stolen by a naughty Anne since she was preoccupied with her thoughts. Even the laughter from both friends couldn't bring her back to her senses until her name was called for the third time with a pinch on the cheek to only jump from the chair.
"Hey girl are you OK? " A curious Anne asked the disturbed Karen.
" I'm alright Anne " she responded, sending a big smile across the table.
George on the other end of the table seemed to have noticed that the response from Karen was an irony to what she was thinking about at the moment.

To prevent Anne from probing further, George decided to change the topic to the activities of the day. Recalling how Jude the talker made the whole class laugh uncontrollably by mimicking the English professor and his foreign ascent as soon as the man left the class. The three continued talking and laughing but one of them was laughing forcefully with the incident of the morning still on her mind. George realized it the whole time but waited for an opportunity to ask her secretly.

When Anne excused herself after receiving a phone call, she told her friends she needed to attend to something urgent of which they bid her goodbye.
With the two of them alone, George took the opportunity to ask his friend what the problem was. Karen knowing she couldn't hid it from him, told him the incident of the morning. Being the good friend he was, George encouraged her to wait and talk it with Jerry before worrying herself with questions only Jerry had answers to . Listening to George, she decided to call Jerry and ask him about it. However, the knock on the door caught her attention but George was fast in responding to the intruder. Upon opening the door, the figure of the person in discussion and the eyes looking at him made both men startled.

It was not a surprise to see George in Karen's apartment since George and Karen were close friends even before he Jerry and Karen began to talk . The problem is, Jerry didn't expect to see George there since it was almost night time. And George was startled because he knew Jerry didn't like seeing him with Karen. Though both men never voiced out their dislike for each other but since they needed to maintain peace and not trouble her, they did nothing but remain cold to each other.

Leaving the door to grab his backpack, George nodded his head signaling Karen he was leaving of which she understood without questions. However, he never missed the chance of glancing the boyfriend of her long time love a Stern look before leaving. Jerry smirking, entered and said hi to his girlfriend while planting a kiss on the lips. Karen without warning had to break from the kiss since she knew very well that her boyfriend if left to continue with the kiss, he wouldn't end it easily without getting his little Jerry to send warm wishes to the adorable Karen between her legs.

"I miss you baby. Come here." He pulled her to sit on his laps.
"Get straight to the point! Do you miss having me swear your name beneath your wide chest or you miss me as a person?" She giggled on seeing his hands tracing from her temple down to her lovely buttocks squeezing them while digging his face in between her breast and kissing it. "naughty boy" she pushed his face away smiling.
"Ouch please allow me to say hello since it's been a while. Am i not allowed to say hello?" He said,  while pouting his face like a naughty little boy.
"Sure  you can. But is there not something to tell me first..... About this morning? I mean your visit to my campus."
" I knew you would want to know. And that is part of my reasons for coming". He smirked and gave her a naughty wink.  Smiling , she got up to take a seat close to him, folding her arms across her chest ready to listen to him.

Shifting close to her and holding her hands, Jerry smiled to ease the tension seeing how tensed his girlfriend was.
"Baby you know I honestly love you right? And I wouldn't want us to be separated any day to come. I want to make sure that our love last for a long time. I wouldn't want something or someone to come in between the love we share and I know you wouldn't want the same. I just want the entire world to know you belong to me and I belong to you."  Karen was so confused since she was still wondering what Jerry was trying to say. What could possibly be wrong? She knew she loves him and he loves her. But,  talking about not separating and wanting to let the world know about them didn't give her any explanation as to his sudden visit to her campus. As confused as she was, she stayed calm to listen since she could only get her answers by listening to what he was driving at.