The Call

(Picture up top or to the side is how I pictured Renae- what she is wearing isn't a bra btw it's a crop top/ bustier thing xD. ~CookehButt)

*Renae*

I nudge Regan's shoulder as hard as I could with five bags in my hands and wiggle my eyebrows at her when we're halfway home.

She rolls her eyes and wacks me with her hoodie.

"Don't you dare get any ideas." She warns me whilst giving me the stink eye.

I do my best to shrug without dropping anything. "I dunno, Regan. Sometimes the wild Renae does things she isn't supposed to do."

She narrows her eyes at me but continues to walk up the small driveway to our apartment. When she finally unlocks the door I drop all the bags on the floor and snatch the hoodie from her grasp.

"Hey!" She exclaims, trying to pull it away. Thankfully my arms were longer than hers and prevented her fingers from wrapping around the purple hoodie.

Eventually Regan huffs and crosses her arms, waiting for me to give her back the hoodie or to state what I wanted in turn for giving it back.

"Hmmm. Let's see..." I mumble while patting the entire piece of clothing and digging into the pockets. "Aha!" I triumphantly hold the piece of paper above my head.

Regan looks at me with furrowed brows, "what is it?"

I roll my eyes at how oblivious my best friend can sometimes be.

"It's that dude's number, you dusty lamp!"

She throws up her hands and exclaims, "what does that even mean?"

"Get it? Because a lamp is normally bright unless it's dusty..." I trail off when I see her confused face. A sigh escapes my mouth, "I basically just called you a dummy." A look of understanding crosses her face and she lightly smacks my arm.

As I stated before, Regan was quite smart most of the time but still she made me wonder if she goes off into her own little world sometimes.
"Anyways, if he put his number inside the pocket it's a sign that he likes you." I say, drawing out the 'you' in a sing-song voice.

She playfully scoffs, "it's probably not even his number. It's probably the hotline for a mental health facility." she shoots me a pointed look and pulls the large paper bag filled with candy up to my face and shakes it.

I gasp and take the bag from her. "Don't hurt my precious babies!"
She playfully rolls her eyes and picks up the strip of paper with neat handwriting on it.

"If you don't call him I will." I say through a mouthful of Sour Patch Kids.
After a moment of silence- save for the sound of plastic crinkling as I dug to the bottom of the candy packaging to get the sour dust- Regan pulls her phone from her pocket and begins walking deeper into the apartment.
"Don't have phone sex!" I yell after her, earning a loud laugh in return.

With a small smile on my face, I carry the grocery bags into the kitchen and leave them on the counter. We'll sort them out later. I soon end up on the living room couch and wait in silence and boredom for Regan to return.