𝒉𝒆𝒍𝒑 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒅

As days went by jacks behavior changed. He came home from work later and later and although he didn't drink at home he still smelt of it when he arrived home. I needed help I knew I couldn't do this alone. But it takes two and if jack wasn't going to be apart of it I needed someone else.

jacks behavior wasn't the only thing that changed. His appearance took a toll. His long curly hair was always tied away in a messy bun or unkept and he no longer cared what he wore. his face had sunken in and he was a lot skinnier than normal.

It was evident as I stood bedside him in the mirror. Jack had let me in the bathroom to brush my teeth as he gently washed his face with water. He didn't have work today so I watched him take his time.

he dried his hands and reached under the sink and pulled out scissors. I watched him feeling worried.

he began to give his hair a trim cutting off a small bit of the ends. It was out of the ordinary for him.

the small tips he cut slowly turned into huge cuts. Jack was cutting off his hair all of it leaving an extremely short length.
"What are you doing jack? You're ruining your hair."

he stopped for a moment and looked at me. His eyes were had bags under them and today he was oddly silent. He turned back to the mirror making a mess of his hair. Slowly his body began to shake and a sob followed.

I took away the scissors gently setting them down. He put his head against my shoulder as sobs shook his body. "Please tell me what's wrong..look what you did to your hair.." I said quietly stroking his messy hair that was half long and half short.

"I'm so..I'm so lost."

For once I didn't know how to help.

-

I started into the set of blue eyes in front of me a shy smile plastered on the boys face. "Hey it's zach right?"

I nodded slightly. "May I come in?" I nodded. I think he knew jack wasn't home. I sent him to get a hair cut. I was the only one there today jacks mother left hours ago.
"I need to talk to jack." he said silently.

"He's not home..he works in the mornings."I explained.

"Hows he been?"

"Did you use to be his friend? The one who helped him set up all the lights and chairs in the shed?" I asked catching him off guard. He nodded.

"It wasn't just me. It was jonah, Daniel and I. We all set it up together we're not close anymore." I walked to the kitchen listening to him as he followed. I poured myself a cup of juice and gave him a cup as well.

he chuckled lightly seeing the juice. "Why did you ditch him? He's  really lonley..I'm the only person he hangs out with."

He sighed setting his cup aside. " we didn't ditch him."

"He said once you guys saw he had a habit you left him."i argued.

"Sophomore year jack said he would start experimenting. It was fine no one cared until he started showing up to daniels house drunk out of his mind. Daniel and jack we're close and they always spent the night at each other's houses. So it wasn't out of normal for one of them to show up unannounced. But jack started coming over when he was drunk so daniel cut him off once they got in a fight one night.

Jonah and I tried to help him because he would start coming into class drunk out of his mind. One day he made friends with this guy eben and jack told us he didn't need jonah and I's help.

He ditched us for his new friend. All we wanted was to help him." Corbyns eyes shifted to the floor a frown covering his lips.

"After jonah and I saw him a few days ago.. I don't think anything has changed. I want to see him again." Corbyns lip quivered and his eyes became glossy.

He seemed like he really cared. It didn't make sense that jack would leave all of that out of his story. He didn't mention that his old friends still cared about him.

Maybe that's because jack didn't realize there was perfect who cared about him perhaps

"I want to help him too with his drinking problem." I admitted feeling a little weepy when I began to think of it and all the other things he was on. I realized I only knew the surface of jack Avery.

"He has other problems too you know.. like the dru-"

"I know I found them."

"The hell are we gonna do now?" Corbyn sighed aloud. "He won't even talk to me."

"We're gonna get you guys reconnected. All of you."

__________________

Sigh :,(