𝒈𝒊𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒖𝒑

30 votes for a new chapter
10 comments

"The homeless boy finally has a place to live. You're probably bringing in most of the drugs that jack's taking anyways." Jonah spat and all eyes landed on me.
'How did you know I was homeless?'

I had never told any of them how I had ended up there but now they all knew. "I care about him.." i trailed off looking at my hands that were clasped together. But when I looked back at all the people who sat around they either weren't looking at me or showed disgust.
"Corbyn?" I asked as my eyes traveled to corbyn and prayed for him to say something, it was no use. "I'm not even sure if you care.. I heard what you did." He sighed with his voice small. 

"I don't think we really need your help, I think if you really want to help you need to get your drinking problem under control first." Tatum spoke up from her spot on the couch next to where Jonah stood. My eyebrows furrowed and I looked over to my last glimpse of hope. Daniels eyes gleamed with sympathy. "I still believe in you." Daniels voice was low but audible.

"Fine then both of you fools can get out of here. We don't need Daniel and especially Zach." Jonah spat angrily and without argument daniel stood and walked towards the door. "Jonah he's only human.. You guys need to learn to forgive." Daniels words were soft and kind and it was evident that his words affected corbyn. Daniel approached corbyn and rested his hand on the boys cheek, shocking everyone in the room. "Corbyn you of all people should know the importance of forgiveness." Daniel said before turning to leave grabbing my wrist.

"Forgive them, they care." Daniel said once we reached the front lawn of the besson home. He let go of my wrist and Daniels eyes gleamed. "Don't cry." I said quickly but I was too late, he had grabbed ahold of me and cried into the croock of my neck, a loud sob broke out and his hands grabbed securely at my shirt. "God,I miss him!" He cried out loudly a bit muffled by his crying. "We can do this." I assured Daniel as he pulled away wiping his eyes. I walked daniel to his car and watched him pull out of the parking lot, though I wasn't sure about my earlier statement.

I was almost positive that we in-fact couldn't do anything to help at all.

I don't know why when I came back home I assumed anything at all would've changed, after all I was dealing with jack Avery.
a foolish teenager who didn't value his own life, so why would i believe he valued anything else?

why did I think he would've valued me?

I could see in his eyes that he was drifting away from reality and being pulled back by every small noise. I knew I should've helped the poor boy, but he had done it to himself yet again. Jack Avery didn't value his life and maybe I shouldn't either. With sorrow in the atmosphere I took a seat in the chair across from him, he was sitting upside down on the coach and gasping every now and then and even blinking rapidly. Sweat was evident on his forehead and it drenched his hair.

The drug he was on must've not been pleasant because he didn't seem to be enjoying himself, rather jack Avery was silent. Clenched his hands in his hair tugging so often but remained with his mouth closed, breathing oddly. He was so far out of it that he didn't recognize that I was in the room with him. I opened my mouth to speak to him but I had realized there was no use. No matter how many times he tried to convince me otherwise or pretend he was better I could never fix him.

He was beyond repair.

Maybe I should've stayed but I found my feet traveling up the stairs and felt a tear leave my eye. 'Why can't I fix you?' I wondered entering the room. It was trashed, there was clothes thrown everywhere and his wall had a fresh hole in it. I looked at his bed to begin cleaning and could see some of jack's hair that was on his blanket. "Jack must've been stressed when I left him.'

'Maybe it's time I gave up on you, you don't even want my help." I muttered defeated. I had lost the trust of the friends I had just made and now I was lonely again. First my family leaves me now my friends.

Maybe loneliness was inevitable for me.

Suddenly jack could be heard groaning from down the stairs but I decided it was to be ignored, I couldn't even begin to explain what type of drug he was on. I thought he was becoming a mess more and more everyday, to the point he didn't even hide it. I stopped folding clothes when jack's voice was heard again, he was calling my name this time. I set down the trash bag I had been usuing to clean his room and left the room.

My feet stopped me at the edge of the stairs and I sat down cautiously. I pulled my knees to my chest and listened to the slight movement down the stairs. His mother had went on a month business trip which left myself and jack's reckless behavior. I could still hear his groans down stairs.
'Maybe he's hurt.' I thought, though my legs wouldn't move. My hands stayed secured around my legs and listened to him groan every now and then, it was agonizing listening. His groans went from painful to desperation in a matter of seconds. Half an hour had past and all that changed was his volume, he was now silent and my anxiety settled.
I trembled a bit as I stood and finally took my first step downstairs. I finally made it to the living room and I couldn't see him around, I wondered if he had left. I found him behind the couch on the floor holding himself with his eyes screwed shut, he was drenched in sweat this time. I didn't understand why he would've done this to himself .

I didn't understand why I couldn't fix him.

Our senior year started in the morning.

______________________
The story is about to shift a lot
Gettt ready

______________________The story is about to shift a lotGettt ready