𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒉𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒔

"So what are you to jack?" Daniel spoke up as we sat together in jacks room. I rubbed the back of my neck thinking. We were friends. Nothing more or so I had hopped we were atleast friends. That could be the only explanation as to why I cared about him when we are only roommates. "Friends." I said almost confidently.

"Took you awhile to answer. Why are you staying here then?"
Before I could open my mouth jack stepped into the room in a hurry rummaging around the room searching for something. His body slightly shook as if he was scared and his eyes were wide. He scanned the room and he became still when they lay on daniel. Silence fell between the three of us jacks eyes scanned between the two of us.
"What did you do to your hair jack?"  Daniel questioned in a almost stern tone as he stood up approaching the boy who still looked at him in shock. Daniel reaches his hand out to put in in his hair but jack takes a step back looking away. "Why are you here?" Jack quickly changes the subject of his hair and looks back at me for answers. "Daniel and I met a few days ago when I was exploring the neighborhood while you were at work. I thought it would be nice to have another friend while you were at work."  I lied almost easily and jack grimaced clearly not liking the idea of the boy being in his room.

"You don't want to be his friend trust me." Jack said eerily causing a small frown to form on daniels lips. "Why can't we just.. start over?" Daniel interrupted our conversation. "Don't you miss us? You're still a brother to me jack we have been to hell and back.." Daniel cautiously laying his hand on jacks shoulder causing jack to flinch.  Jack didn't say anything he just avoided looking into daniels eyes and looked around the room trying to find an answer to his question, i noticed his body was shaking he still looked oddly nervous.

"What are you looking for?" I asked finding it more important. His eyes widened as he moved around daniel and continued to search. "If it's what I think you're looking for I threw it away." I said grabbing his arm stopping him from looking. "It's not going to make you feel better."
He tried his best not to look me in the eye but when I put both my hands on each arm he finally looked at me. "I-I wasn't going to." He lied but I almost couldn't tell, if it weren't for the fact he was trying to pull away. "I want you to spend the day with me and Daniel. Daniel offered to take us to your favorite restaurant, is that alright?" I said trying to pull him out of any possible situation that could be going on at the moment.

After a moment of silence he nodded slowly and stopped looking for anything that he was before.

I studied jacks face as he played around with his food avoiding eating it. He was beginning to get acne and his cheeks have sunken in he also had become a lot more skinny compared to when I first met him. Strangely something made me want to look at him a little longer every time my eyes wondered away from him and I believe he began to notice. Our eyes met for a moment that felt like and hour.

I turned away quickly my cheeks feeling warm and countined to eat my food in silence as daniel tried to make conversation with jack.

"You know.. my mom missed you.she still talks about how she misses her boy every now and then."daniel comments maiming jack look up. "Tell her I said 'hello' then, I miss her as well she was always nice to me." a slight smile on his face "you can tell her yourself you know, I want to become close again."

"Mhm." Jack hummed as if he wasn't paying any attention at all suddenly i felt a shoe begin to mess with my legs and slip between them causing me to gasp loudly. Daniel gave me a funny look and I could see jack with a smirk.
"We can try it I guess..if you still trust me." Jack says counting to mess with me under the table. I saw his hand slip under so I quickly put my hand down there to smack it away.

But he grabbed it and held it. It wasn't odd or off putting at all it was a bit nice. His hands were both soft and rough and his thumb moved back and forth across my skin in a rhythm.
"How about we let daniel stay the night?" I asked not daring to look in Jacks direction. "Please?" I said squeezing his hand lightly and he looked over at daniel and I and nodded.

Jack and daniel screamed and hollered aloud as they competed on the gaming system in the living room. They were getting along as if they never spent a day apart. They laughed aloud and gave eachother punches on the shoulder and I smiled kindly at the two having a good time.
My phone vibrated realving a text from corbyn and I smiled widely.
'corbyn: how's everything going? Daniel hasn't texted me back."

'It's going just as planned they are having fun as if nothjng ever happened.'

'Corbyn: that's good to hear, thank you.'

'thank you. It's nice to see him smiling it couldn't have happened without you.' I texted before setting my phone away and before I knew it they were yelling over the game again.
"Pizza is here!" Daniel yelled running to the door and jack stood as well sitting beside me.

"Enjoying yourself?" I chuckled looking at Daniel at the door. I felt jacks hand attach to my chin turning my head gently my eyebrows furrowed.
We starred into each other's eyes for awhile before he leaned forward his lips brushing my ear and suddenly my stomach felt in a knot.

"Thank you."

the next thing I knew was I was layed beside jack and we could hear daniels snores from my bed. Jacks back was turned towards me and I assumed he was asleep. I grabbed my head phones and pressed play closing my eyes.

Suddenly a headphone was pulled from my ear and my music was turned down. I turned my face to the side to see jack had put one in his ear and was looking towards the ceiling. "Hey you." Jack whispered his hand brushed against mine.

"Hey..how are you feeling?" I whispered back.

" better than most days. Daniel bright back a lot of painful memories. I don't think I can deal with you getting any more friends." He chuckled slightly but my mind stayed on his statement of painful memories.

"Daniel is making you feel bad?"I questioned unsure about my wording.

"No, well I'm away..it's just being around him makes me think of our past together, the good times we spent together and then when it all started to fall apart." He explained his hand brushing against mine once more. "I'm afraid you'll make friends with his you know.. people that used to be in my life and well.." he stopped speaking not wanting to continue.

"I'm embarrassed of how I am now. I haven't gotten any better.. they are going to know how worthless I am." He finished and now all we both could hear was the music from the headphones still playing slow songs.

I nervously reached my hand over and bit my lip when I slipped my hand into his. He turned on his side and looked at me and I did the same. I moved closer and rested my head on his chest

"You're nowhere near worthless."

___________________________

Oh my :)