𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒏 𝒊𝒏 𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏

corbyn had gave me his number before he left claiming he had to get back home soon. I prayed jack wouldn't see him exiting the house.

In fact it took several hours for jack to return from getting his hair fixed. When he walked in he had a hat on and set his phone and wallet on his bed. I took a step near him breathing in his sent he didn't seem to mind me checking on him.
"Thank you." I sighed aloud he nodded. He didn't smell of alcohol at all for the first time in awhile he smelt like himself and his nice cologne I sometimes wanted to steal.

I reached up taking the hat from his head revealing his hair was now short all his curls were gone. I loved his curls a lot but it didn't matter he had destroyed them hours ago.

"Jack you've got to quit drinking." I rested my hand on his shoulder. He looked at me his serious face turning into a sad frown.
"You told me you would try. What do I have to do to get you to actually try?"

"I don't know.fix me."

"I'm trying." I sighed. Jack closed the gap between us resting his head on my shoulder as I wrapped my arms around him. "When did we become so close? I feel like you're the only friend that matters in my life." Jack said suddenly.

"I don't know."

_

the next morning I waited for jack to leave before I put on my shoes and walked across the street where corbyn besson lived. He seemned eager for me to come over and when I arrived I wasn't the only one there.
two new faces sat alongside corbyn in the living room. One boy with brunette hair and the other was blonde like corbyn. They alll looked at me when I came in the living room falling silent. I was a bit embarrassed by it all.
After a moment of silence corbyn stood up from his chair. "Thank you for coming zach."

I nodded.

"It's nice to meet you I'm daniel. Over there is my friend eben and jonah." Daniel said as he approached me then gesturing to the other boys in the room. "Also that's Tatum Jonah's girlfriend."
"We're a happy couple id like to say." she spoke up kissing him on the cheek. "We are." He spoke towards her. A small smile crept to my lips they seemed adorable.

"You're close with jack right? is..is he alright?" Daniel asked quietly but everyone heard his sad tone. It killed the mood in the room now everything felt dull. I'm sure he didn't mean to but after all that was a reason why I was there.
I shook my head slowly. "No he's not doing all that well. I found out it's not only an alcohol addiction. It's deeper then that." I muttered but loud enough for them all to hear.
"god." Corbyn muttered shaking his head worrisome. "Wait you guys told me it was only a drinking problem. What else is it?" Daniel said panicking. It was evident in his face the way his eyebrows raised and his eyes widened. He looked to me for answers but I couldn't. I didn't want to be the one to tell him. He seemed to care about jack the most of the friends from the story corbyn told me the other day. He was jacks childhood best friend. I didn't want to be the one to break it to him even if I didn't know him.

"Yeah he's got a drug a addiction.. jonah caught him in the shed passed out last week it was two in the morning." Eben said quietly as I gasped putting my hands over my mouth in shock. Tears weld in my eyes and my heart began to ache. I could feel it pounding from concern.

'Why him?' I thought.

"I-it's that bad isn't it?" I asked my voice cracking. Ive never felt like this before.

"I thought it would be easier to help him if we all became friends again. He drinks because he's lonely ,right? That means we just have start by slowly getting each one of us back on track with him. It would be easy if you invite daniel over. It won't be weird cause daniels in the neighborhood." Corbyn spoke.

"Do you think you can do that?" Jonah added in as all eyes landed on me.

Suddenly I felt like I would do anything for that boy and I don't know why. So I nodded.

"Yeah I can do that."

_________________________