𝒑𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝒑𝒆𝒏

30 votes and 10 comments for a new chapter

Sorry for my current hiatus on this book

" You're a mess, you're a mess, you're a mess..".

I muttered aloud to jack as I brushed his hair the best I could while constantly looking at the time. "Maybe if you just woke up when the alarm went off this wouldn't have been a problem." I complained already accepting we were going to be late and that jack's mom would have it out for our necks. Not to mention I was still feeling some of the lingering emotions from the night before. I could even still see Daniel crying when I closed my eyes.

I finished and dropped the brush on the counter I noticed the color of his dye in his hair was fading away for sure, the bags under his eyes were also noticeable. "Go eat something I have to get dressed." I mumbled pushing him outside of the bathroom and out of the room. I shut the door grabbing something and changing into it. Ever since we woke up this morning things have been off, I couldn't shake the feeling of irritation with the boy and he seemed more quiet than usual.

He was in the right state of mind but he swayed around a lot and tried leaving the house without even changing, I took it upon myself to dress him and groom him. I finished changing and headed downstairs to see that he was sitting on the coach, his phone was in his hand but it wasn't on. He was just starring ahead of himself into space.
I stepped down the stairs and walked past the spaced out boy and into the kitchen. I had began to cut a few apples and put them into two separate bowls.

I walked into the living room and turned on the television it was playing the news. I nudged jack's shoulder and he looked over at me nodding a 'thank you' as he took the bowl of apples from my hand. I turned on the couch to face him and he noticed I wanted to talk, he turned down the tv and adjusted his body to face me. "I don't need a lecture I kno-"He began but thats not what was on my mind.

"Are you feeling alright?" I asked resting my hand on his that lay on the couch. It had been awhile that we have been sitting next to each other, I knew him well enough to know something was wrong with him. He looked at me surprised before looking down at the cushion of the furniture. " I'm fine I'm sure. Just sometimes my life seems never ending and purposeless." Jack began changing the atmosphere in an instant, now it felt a little colder. "I basically breathe to live another day..but another day of what? Of feeling nothing?" He complained shaking his head. He was muttering his words like he didn't want to speak, but I hadn't forced him  "I keep breathing and I know I'm alive, but why don't I feel alive? I need to be high to feel something."

I smacked his arm harshly and looked at him seriously. "You don't need to be high you need better life experiences." I pulled him up from the couch and began to walk towards the front door, I understood he was upset but we had places to be as much as I hated to think of it.

Maybe I should've said more. No, I knew I should've said more.

but there's only so much you could do for jack Avery.

Jack was always upset, always broken. I didn't need to coddle him every time or it would become an unhealthy habit that the both of us didn't need. I opened the door and walked out only to see Jack was still standing looking at the floor. In a rushed moment I grabbed his hand and dragged him along, though I really only wanted him to come on. I really also wanted to reassure him he wasn't alone. somehow when grabbing his hands we found them entwined and not letting go.