Chapter 8~Boarding

Hiccup's POV:

The sun started to set showing all the beautiful colors. "Ok, let's set up camp here tonight." Astrid said setting her axe down and walking over to a spot where sticks laid in the plenty.

I looked over at Toothless and smiled. I pulled up one finger and twirled it around telling him to do a perimeter check as we set up camp.

I walked over to the cart and pulled out the tents as Astrid set up the fire. I set up the tents for everyone and watched as Snotlout and Dagur went for the hunt.

When Snotlout and Dagur came back from the hunting, they carried a ox. They heated up the ox over the fire as we leaned back and soothled in the smell of the meat cooking and the warmth of the fire.

All around you could hear 'things' moving not a couple of feet away. We knew it wasn't Toothless because he was resting peacefully next to the kids.

Snap

Astrid's POV:

I leaned against the log that rested behind me. Next to me was Heather and to my right, Snotlout. After him, Ruff and Fishlegs were cuddled close together laughing and talking up a storm. Next to Heather was Tuff. Last but not least, Rider laid next to his Nightfury who was playing lightly with Kai and Ingrid.

Snap

Ingrid shot up and frowned, something around us made that sound. Rider shot up at the sound to, he turned to his dragon and brought up a finger and circled it sending the dragon off. He got up and drew his fire sword and got into a fighting stance.

He waved his sword around then turned to us and held a finger to his mouth telling us to keep quiet. He turned around when the dragon came back.

The Nightfury tapped its tell on the ground then sat down. "What does that mean?" Heather asked making all heads turn to her then turn to Rider.

"You'll see." He said and turned around and walked a couple of yards from the circle where the fire was. He relit his sword and a whole crowd of huge eyes landed on him and started to move closer. "RIDER LOOK OU-" I started but he quickly turned around and spoke. "Don't, you'll frighten them." He whispered then turned to the beasts.

He waved his sword infront of them, hypnotizing them only to be broken when one hissed at him making all the dragons break though the hypnotizing. He bent down and switched something in his sword then stood back up and circled himself in a green gas which then lit on fire. He walked up to one of them and held his hand out, the dragon soon came to his hand.

I smiled at the sight but it soon faded when Rider brought the dragons over to the circle. "Rider!? What are you DOING!?!?" Fishlegs asked bringing his wife closer. "Its ok, they're friends." He said as the beautiful beasts crowded around us but most rested next to Rider.

When they tried crawling into his lap, he started laughing. His laugh, it was soft, innocent, sweet, just like Hiccup's. I missed his so much. 

The next day came quick, up before sunlight. We packed up and started traveling. In the distance, we could see the port.

Finally, we made it! I Thought as a tall man came up to us. He wore gold plates on his torso and had red ribbon tyed at the front. He has short, brown hair and had 5 tattooed stripes on his chin. "Haddock, we have the ships ready." He said as his thumb pointed at a huge ship that could hold all of Berk. Haddock, like Hiccup Haddock?

"Thanks Erit, I have 9 passengers and one is pregnant." Rider said pointing at us. "Please, take good care of them, I'll be back soon." He added and called his dragon over. "And where do you think you are going?" I asked putting my hands on my hips, shifting my balance to one leg to give the dramatic look. "Have to go see if I can find more people." He said pulling himself onto his dragon. I looked at him in the eyes then something dripping caught my attention.

Blood.

"Not with that wound on your side, all the walking loosened your stitches, you'll bleed out." I said shifting my balance and pointing at his side. "She's right Haddock, you can't do this if you have a injury, I'll send Mala out with one of our smaller dragons and she can go find survivors." Erit said walking up to him.

He sighed and climbed off, only to miss a step and fall straight to the floor. Erit helped the scrawny boy up but gasped at the red snow that laid below him. I ran over to him and bent down looking at his side as Erit held him up with one of Rider's arms over his shoulder.

"We need to get you inside and warmed up before you go anywhere." I said standing up and grabbing his other arm and helping him over to the huge ship and into the under carage.

We will finally be safe. I thought as I sat the young viking down on the bed and unbuckled the straps that went across his belly. He let out a soft grunt as I slid his top off, looking at his wound.

Blood was steadily oozing out of his wound, presidenting multiple shades of red, green, purple, blue, and some yellow around and inside the wound. As I was dressing the wound a girly voice spoke from the entrance of the room.

"Haddock!? What the hell!?" She exclaimed running next to me and bending down to look at Ryder.

The name 'haddock' played in my head.

Haddock

Haddock

Hiccup

Hiccup Haddock

"Hiccup Haddock...." I whispered under my breath getting the attention of Ryder.

"Astrid?" He stuttered out giving me a confused but shocked look. " Hiccup?" I said again. He smiled as tears ran down his face along with mine and smiles played on our faces.

The woman that came in got up and left as realization hit her, 'Oh... They know eachother...' Was played on her face as she exited the room.

"Hi." Hiccup said breathing a sigh of relief.

"Hi."