Chapter 12

"I know your secret." His words are slurred and he sounds like he is drunk.

"Excuse me? Who is this?" I stay calm because I know it has to be some stupid, drunk guy prank calling people in the middle of the night.

"Sarah. Shut up you slut! I'm coming for you and I'm getting my revenge on your asshole of a dad!" The line goes silent.

Who's coming for me? Why? What did dad do?

I can ask my dad in the morning about it, but for now I need some sleep. I haven't been sleeping much lately and it shows. I'm cranky, and I have really bad under eye bags. Ugh. Stupid school. I have been staying up until 2 or 3 in the morning to study for my classes, then i get up at 6am to get ready for the day. So basically for the last month and a half I have been running on 4 hours or less of sleep. Yay me.

I end up falling asleep just to get woken up by my blaring alarm. I roll out of bed and get ready for school. Two more days until we are off for Thanksgiving. Thank the god almighty.

After I lazily put on clothes and makeup I go to the kitchen to eat a small breakfast. My dad is in the kitchen.

"Good morning pumpkin!" My dad is happier and perkier than usual. Hmmm.

"Good morning dad. Hey can I ask you a quick question?"

"Sure sweetie, but make it fast, I have a meeting at 7."

"Ok, um so I got a phone call last night and he said that he knows my secret, and he's coming to get revenge on you? Mind telling me what it is you did?"

"Uh, honey, um I have no idea what or who that is. Leave it alone, and tell anyone else about that phone call got it? I got to go. Tell your mom I'm going to be late tonight."

"What? Why?"

"I have to take care of some...work." He leaves quick. He looked very nervous and scared when I talked about the phone call. I wonder what happened?

I don't know, but I have to go and get to school. I have an AP Trig test today and the teacher said it's the hardest test of the year so...yeah. I'm screwed.

I get to my math classroom and the teacher is not there. The lights are off and the door is locked. Perfect. The day I actually need help, she's not here. Now I'm actually screwed.

I look around and spot Casey talking with his friends. I decide to walk over to him and hang out for a little bit.

His back is towards me so I walk up and give him a hug from behind. He tenses, but he relaxes once he knows it's me.

"Sarah!" Casey laughs and he turns around to give me a normal hug. I love being in his arms. What? Fake. It's fake. Remember. But what if it's not fake for you anymore. Stop. Nope. It can't be real because I know he doesn't feel the same way.

He pulls away and gives me a kiss on my forehead. He interlocks his fingers with mine and he tells his friends that he'll see them later. They wave goodbye to each other and we are now walking hand in hand down the hallways.

"So how are you? I feel like it has been ages since we last talked." Casey says, whining a bit. He's cute when he whines.

"We literally talked yesterday Case. It's hasn't even been 24 hours since we last talked." I laugh and he laughs along with me.

"Hey, yesterday seems like forever ago." He smiles at me and I smile back at him.

He brushes a piece of my hair behind my ear. His hand lingers on my cheek for just a moment as we hold eye contact. I hear a throat clear behind Casey and I look up. Audrey.

We break apart as she walks in between us. She huffs, pushing past us, "accidentally" bumping my shoulder.

Me and Casey looks at each other and start cracking up. We keep walking to our first class, which we have together. With Audrey.

Once we are in the classroom, we take our seats next to each other and he starts talking about how he is going to throw his parents a surprise anniversary party. It's their 25th so he wants to do something special.

"So I was thinking of having it be something small  and elegant. They don't really like big events, but I also want to celebrate."

"That sounds perfect. I know they will appreciate it. I can help you too if you want."

"Yeah! I need all the help I can get. I suck at organizing parties." We continue planning the party until the bell rings for school to start. By this time, Audrey is in the classroom and is glaring at us. I smile and wave at her, but she just scoffs and looks away.

The day goes on as normal. I took my Trig test. Didn't go well, but that's okay. Nobody did well. After everyone was finished with the test, the students discussed over the answers.

"For number 3 I got -43."

"Wait. -43? I got -47."

"What? I got 32."

"You gotta be joking. I got 67 and 12."

"How did you end up getting two answers?"

"I. Don't. Know."

Everyone was in panic mode. I went home feeling disappointed. I got home and I saw my mom in the living room crying. I walk over to her and ask her what's wrong. She hands me a note signed by my dad.

"Dear family,
          I'm sorry, but I won't be coming home, not just for tonight but forever. It's what is best for all of us. I put you guys in danger, but I thought I took care of it. Now he's back and he wants blood. I met up with him and he told me that I either go with him and never see my family again, or I watch him kill my family person by person. I couldn't do that. I'm so sorry. If you want full details on what has happened, talk to Casey Wacaster's dad. He knows everything. I don't have much time, I love each and every one of you to the moon and back. I'm sorry.

Love,
Dad"