Chapter 7

Sarah Bayn

First Day of School

It's the first day of school and it's been two weeks since the incident between me and Casey. I don't know what's wrong with me but my hormones go haywire every time I'm near him.

I couldn't sleep last night so I was up and ready to go by 6:30 am. School starts at 8:30. I rolled my eyes at the time wondering why my mind wouldn't let me sleep.

"Sarah!! Get the hell up school starts in 30 minutes!" My mom yells.

I run down the stairs wearing a baby blue crop top tee, and some shorts. My hair in a messy bun and little makeup. As I come into the kitchen my mom is staring at me wide eyed.

"What? Is something wrong with my outfit?" I ask.

"No no nothing of that, but I wasn't expecting you to come down so soon! It's a miracle" she beams and hands me a plate of pancakes. This is the only time she makes breakfast, the first day of school.

After I'm done I quickly say goodbye to my parents and walk to my car. I look over at Casey's house longingly and with a sigh I enter my car and drive to school. It's not a long drive maybe 10 minutes max, sometimes I take the longer route just to waste some time before I have to enter the hellhole I call school. But today I took the shorter route because I could not wait to see all my friends again. Since I was at summer camp the whole summer I couldn't hang with them.

I parked my car and head inside to see all the freshman freaking out about not finding their class, or screaming across the hallway or being annoying freshman. I'm so glad I'm a senior.

Quickly I make my way to the place where my friends and I always meet up before school.

"Sarah! It's so good to see you girl! What have you been doing this whole summer? Any cute boys you met at summer camp?" My friends Alisha asks while winking.

I laugh, "No, no boys. But do you remember my neighbor Casey? Yeah so um, he kinda posed as my boyfriend to fool one of the girls at camp" I laugh uncomfortably.

They all start screaming and asking me questions and I tell them the whole story starting from the phone call to the event in my room. They start freaking out but I quickly change the subject and ask them about their summer. Fortunately they don't think anything of it and start dishing on all the event that happened. Soon the bell rings and we all part our way going to our classes.

I enter my first class. Advanced Physics. Yay. I take a seat in the middle to back of the class because this teacher tends to spit is what I've heard. I'm usually a good student I get all A's and B's and I'm not very disruptive. I say hi to a few familiar people and start small talking with them. They looked behind me and one of them actually started drooling. I wondered what was happening and I turned around and there he was. Casey.

His eyes found mine as he searched around the room. His eyes held so much emotion, it kind of looked like hurt? Or sadness? But the emotion was shielded quickly by humor as he smirked and walked toward me. He was wearing a light yellow t shirt with jeans.

Look at his muscles so hot. And his jawline is so defined. I just want to ki- don't finish that sentence conscious. I mentally eye roll and put a smile on my face as he takes a seat right next to me. His cologne is so enticing. Stop. Don't think like that. It was fake. It's over.

Or at least that's what I thought.

I turn back to my friends and keep talking. My breath hitches and my heart skips a beat as I feel hands snake around my waist. I was about to turn around and punch the guy in the face, but I soon smelled his cologne and I knew it was the one and only Casey. But what I didn't know was why? Why did he put his arms around me if we both new it was fake, and we hadn't talked in a while.

He bent down to my ear and whispered, "Don't fight it. Audrey was right behind me in the hallway and came into this class, she's here."

My breath stops at the mention of Audrey and my eyes go wide. What?! What the hell is she doing here??

Then I hear her voice. "Sarah! Omg wow! I didn't know you went here? Well guess what? I go here too now!"

I turn around slowly thinking this couldn't possibly be true. It was. There she was in all her glory and makeup. "Audrey! I cant believe you are here! What happened?" I say through gritted teeth. I thought we were done! I thought this was over.

"My dad got transferred to a different job and that was here!" She says excitedly and she stretches her arms out to give me a hug. I slowly wrap my arms around her uncomfortably and I turn us around so I'm facing Casey. He mouths an "I'm sorry" and shrugs his shoulder like this is not a big fucking deal. This means that I have to pretend to date Casey all fucking year. I'm in some deep shit. I pull back from the hug and Casey pulls me towards him. He interlocks our fingers together and that's when Audrey figures out that we are still together. She goes on and on about how we are so cute together and that the whole school should know that we are "#couplegoals" in her words exactly.

As soon as the bell rings I let go of Casey's hands and he pouts like he actually enjoyed holding hands. Well, you did enjoy it. Okay maybe I did like it a little bit. His warm hands fits so well with my hands. And his touch always sent shivers up my arms. But! It's fake. Nothing can ever happen between us. I have to keep reminding myself that. And plus he doesn't want you. I think.

The teacher starts talking about rules and policies blah blah blah, first day of school boring shit. I zone out and start thinking. I need to think of a way to get out of this. Or else I think I might develop some feelings I shouldn't be feeling.

How do I get out of this?

Then it hit me.

Do you guys know what her idea is?? Enjoying? Keep reading!

~ Simone <3