Part 7

"Doctor Hernandez, we...we lost him..."

"Shh! She'll hear you!" Ally roasted the nurse. "At least we can save her... No... we MUST save her. I won't forgive myself if i let another couple of bright eyes closes tonight."

"Her pulse is getting faster. 150,157,160,162..."

"Nurse, fast!"

"What the..."

"How are you?"

"Where is he?! Is he okay?!"

"Who?!"

"I'm so sorry, Lauren." Said dr. Hernandez putting her hand on my shoulder.

"No!" I screamed. "You're lying."

I ran down the hall without minding the system on my hand bleeding.

"Wait! Miss Jauregui, where are you going?!" Shouted the nurse but i didn't stopped until i saw his dead body. I fell down on my knees.

"C'mon, Lauren. Let's get you back to your room." Said Ally picking me up from the floor.

"Lauren!" Screamed Camila and rushed towards me.

"Get away from me" i murmured.

"But Lauren..."

"Get away from me!"

"Miss Jauregui, you have visitors." Told me the nurse and i went outside. I was feeling so numb. I was hating myself for hating Camila but i couldn't help myself. Goddamn Shawn. Goddamn relationship. Goddamn feelings. They fuck up everything.

"How are you, dear?" Halsey leaned and hugged me. I was feeling like crying but something inside of me was so numb, so dead i couldn't breathe.

"Hey, Lo." Greeted Dom.

"What's up, guys?" I forced myself to smile but it was so fake i looked like the Joker.

"We came as soon as we found out what he had done."

"Yeah, i know you did everything you could do." I murmured with my head down.

"Look Lauren" said Halsey picking up my chin. "You did too. You're not guilty for anything. It's the illness. Okay?"

"The illness?! Yes an illness called Camila Cabello and Shawn Mendes."

"Don't get mad"

"Are you telling me to not get mad?! You?! How the fuck am i supposed to not get mad?! For the hell of it!"

"It's too late, Lo. It's worthless. Now you just gotta get better. It's late to save him but not to save you."

"You better save this motherfucker Shawn!"

"Lauren, please!" Cried Halsey.

"I'm so tired. I'm just so tired of all the shit this world is throwing at us, Ash."

"I know, Lauren. I know. But keep on fighting."

"What if i don't want to?"

"I know. I know how it feels. This sickness."

"What if we are not the ones who are sick?! I think the world is rather the sick one here."

"You ain't wrong."

"But this is why we must keep on swimming."

"What if i don't want to?"

"I know you want to. I feel the flame in you still alive. You don't want to end your life. You want to end your pain."

"Don't let his sacrifice be worthless, Lo."

"It will never be but it was never worth it. You know."

"Yeah..."

"It's so damn hard to be a human."

"Yeah but at least we have these deep shit talks..."

"But is it worth it?"

"I don't know. But don't you think the Universe would give you the body of a human for a reason?"

"What else am i supposed to be?! A potato like this one here?!"

"I see your humour getting back. Good."

"Miss Jauregui, it's time to get back to your room."

"Bye Lauren."

"See ya guys. I'll miss ya."

"Take care."

"Promise." I blinked. At least i don't want them to worry about me. Now back to the battlefield...