If I Can't Have Your Love

He watched her chest rising and falling with each passing breath she took. He smiled to himself and continued to rub her head gently as she slept. It was a habit, a ritual for him to do this once a night. To watch her sleep. To know she was really his after nearly 2 years of his persistence. 2 years of her rejection. 2 years and she finally agreed to a date with him.

He remembered back to the time when he didn't have her and how lonely he had truly felt. He knew he was lonely, but after feeling her and being able to hold her in his arms, he didn't realize how far the extent of his loneliness actually was. He remembered laying in his empty bed and reaching out only to be welcomed by a pillow that was cold and lifeless.

Now, looking back, it was almost hard to remember those times. It was hard to recall a moment in his life that she hadn't made better. She was such an important factor in his life and as he smiled, he knew why he couldn't recall it. He didn't want to. Even imagining his life without her, it wasn't worth living.

It's hard to remember a time
When I didn't have you, when I didn't have nothing
But a cold bed to come to at night
That was all I knew, until there was you
And then you took my world and turned it all around
I couldn't live without you now

He smiled as he remembered their intimate gathering only a short time before. When they made love, their was so much passion pouring from his soul. She brought out the best in him. There was no way around it. If it weren't for her, he would be lost. Completely, totally, utterly lost.

He raked a hand through his green tinted hair, only to have his hand rest on the small of her back. As he rubbed her back gently, careful not to awake her, he leaned down and gently brushed his lips across her cheek. The smell of flowers and honey captivated his senses, sending shivers down his spine. He closed his eyes, waiting for the paralysis to cease.

He was amazed at the amount of feelings he felt for her and how his body would react to the scent of this woman. He had fallen for her long before this night, and he was well aware of that. The first time she had admitted to being in love with him, he clearly recalled the tears that was present in his eyes in that moment. The same tears that were falling from his eyes now.

Baby, if I can't have your love
If I can't feel your touch I got nothing
Baby, if I can't taste your kiss then I don't exist
I got nothing
No I can't imagine living life without you
I can't imagine living life without your love

He lay on his pillow as he brought her closer to him and kissed her exposed shoulder gently. He loved the way her body molded to his. The way his body fit to hers like a glove, like they were meant for each other. Perfect for one another. He closed his eyes and felt truly happy for the first time in many years. He was never losing her, he couldn't. No one could treat her as good as he could. He loved her and he was sure that no one could love her like he did or more than he did.

He swallowed the lump that had formed in his throat as he opened his eyes and brought her even closer.

I wake up with you by my side
Can't let go, I can't even bear the thought of you in another man's eyes
I would lose control, I would die
'Cause now you're in my heart and I can't let you out
I gotta keep you here somehow

"I love you, Trish." he whispered in her ear. He kissed her shoulder once more as she rolled over and smiled softly. His heart skipped a beat as she moaned and opened her big, brown eyes.

"Hey, what are you doing awake?" she asked him, as she raked her fingers through his hair.

"Just watching you sleep. I do it all the time."