Ch. 5 = Missions Impossible For One

Word count : 1167

Time Skip = 2 week later
It took nearly a week to plan out their living arrangements. Then they had needed to hide the fact that they were all moving in together and that was a pain. Colon had an annoying sister who apparently snitched on him a lot and Toast had an older brother who was a criminal and a older sister who was a cop.

But eventually they all had made the plan.

Spooker and Colon would share one room and Ghost and Toast would share the other. They'd get to know each other better, and it would be the best to do so anyway.

But none of them were currently at their home. They were all at someone else's. A client's. They all currently stood outside of a white van.

Ghost turned to Spooker. "Spooker, scan the house, we need to know what we're dealing with."

Spooker gave a firm nod before quickly going into the back of the van.

Ghost turned to Toast and Colon. "You both have ghost experience?"

Toast looked at the brunette. "Yes. I studied ghosts more than hunt them away, but I'll see what I can do."

Ghost looked at Colon. "What about you Colon?"

Colon couldn't help but to smile. "Oh don't worry, I've got a bunch of tricks up my sleeve."

Ghost merely nodded in acknowledgement. "Very well. Let's get started."

Colon, Spooker, Toast and Ghost all entered the home. Ghost knew Spooker was good at talking with entities they'd come across, Toast was a documentor and could easily identify ghosts, and he himself was the planner and stratigizer, but he was unaware of what Colon could do. Maybe he was some kind of... body guard. 

Ghost started looking around for their entity. He shone his flashlight around, making sure to keep an eye on his group.

Spooker and Colon both made it pretty easy for Ghost to keep an eye on, but one look at Toast and he was already pushing forward to another room. "Johnny, stay close. Entities pick off people who are on their own."

Toast seemingly didn't hear Ghost. He was shining his flash light around and observing over everything. "Structural damage to certain places, displaced items..." The brit turned to the other three. "We're at least dealing with a level five to seven." 

Spooker looked at the brit, adjusting his grip on his light. "Which means..?"

"This ghost isn't strapped into this reality firmly. It'll fade in and out of our existence and then back into it's own. But it has a high enough power level to affect things here in its short time of being untransparent for awhile." Colon explained. "So watch out for launched items and such."

Spooker took a moment to process what was said, before nodding. "Alright..."

Ghost stayed silent, mainly just wanting to have his full guard up incase an entity were to come by. He swore he couldn't grip his flashlight any tighter but he somehow could until his knuckles went white. "Alright, let's continue. And stay close to each other." Ghost warned.

The four continued further into the home, making sure to stay close together as Ghost had asked. Ghost led the way with Toast behind him, then Colon then Spooker.

The sounds of nails scratching across the wall caught all their attention. No one made a sound.

Further down the hall, was the faint glow of an entity. This time it was an elderly lady, her long skinny fingers were almost to the point of being completely mangled. She screeched and wailed, crying out as she clawed at the walls.

Spooker stepped up closer, going in front of Toast and Ghost. He swallowed a lump forming in the back of his throat before speaking. "I am paranormal investigator Fred Spooker. What are you doing here?" He asked.

The elderly lady slowly turned to them, her head was tilted to one side, as if her head was resting in a snapped position.

Spooker took a few more steps forward.

"Be careful Spooker." Ghost warned. "You don't know how fast this entity can move."

"Ma'am? Can you hear me?" He asked. He started to feel this weird feeling of something going horribly wrong.

The lady let out a strangled groan, before speaking. "The real question is... can you. HEAR. ME! The lady screamed out and flew at Spooker, shooting him back into Toast.

Toast and Spooker both collided with each other and they both fell back and away. Leaving only Colon and Ghost standing.

The lady flew at Colon and Ghost.

Ghost ducked down, managing to avoid the attack.

Colon jumped sideways, slamming into the side of the wall in the process, but dodging never the less.

With speed, Chris turned to the ghost and raised his hands up and out in front of himself. For some reason, Ghost could feel a gust of wind start to pick up within the hall.

Colon glared at the ghost. "I am Chris Colon Ghostie of the 7th dimension! Terrine avadco, nortorus expelimus!" Colon wailed out.

The entity started glowing even brighter, the lady let out one last scream before she burst into flames, and slowly disappeared.

Colon breathed deeply, and lowered his arms, breathing heavily as if he had just ran a long distance.

Ghost got to his feet and ran to make sure Spooker and Toast were ok. Then just as quickly, Ghost checked his ghost tracker. The entity was no longer here. With confusion, Ghost looked at Chris. "Chris? What'd you just do?!"

Chris looked at his boss. "I made the ghost disappear."

Ghost soaked in the information, and eventually connected the dots. "You're... a spell caster?"

"Well yes. But if you want to be even more specific, I'm a necromancer sorcerer." Colon confirmed.

"So you can cast spells?"

"Well yeah. Somewhere back in my family line someone became cursed by a demon lord. But no one in my family has my abilities expect for me. So the magic had just somehow resurfaced in my DNA... or something among those lines." Chris explained, scratching the back of his head meekly.

Toast and Spooker had both sat back up. They both look like they were dizzy but otherwise they looked alright.

"Fred, Toast! Are you both alright?" Colon asked, just wanting to be sure.

Toast rubbed his head, groaning. "Yeah mate I'm fine. Just... ow."

Spooker whined out slightly in pain. "G-Gh... ow... my head... I should've listened to you Ghost."

Johnny helped them both stand up again, sighing at the slight calm. "Its alright. Let's just go. There are no other ghosts around. We're done here. Let's go tell our client that the ghost is gone and head back to our apartment."

The other three could agree with that.

Spooker paused. "Wait so I missed the ghost take down? Aw man!"

Ghost merely chuckled and patted Fred on the shoulder. "Next Spooks, next time."

The four headed to their ghost hunting van.

(Fin)