Part 9 - Heartbeat

Lexi woke up without crying or screaming, just an increased heart-rate. She hadn't had any nightmares, but waking up on Tom made her heart happy. 

"Tom?" She poked his cheek, hoping he would wake up before she left the room.

"Hhnnhff-" Tom groaned, opening one eye.

"gasp The monster is awake!" Lexi wrapped her arms around Tom's neck.

"Huh? Oh.. Hey Lex.." Tom was still trying to wake up, since someone woke him up, but he hugged her back anyway.

"I didn't have any nightmares.. I think it's because you were here.." But Lexi knew the real reason why. Tord.

"Well that's nice..." 

"Yep. I g-" Lexi was cut off because of a knock at the door. Her heart started racing at the thought of it being Tord, he wouldn't show up at the door, would he? Thankfully, it was just Edd and Matt. 

"Lulu?" She heard Matt say. Edd opened Tom's door and looked at the two.

"Awwhh..." Edd chuckled, beckoning Matt over. "Ey Matt, look at this!"

"Eeeeeeeedddddddd wwhhyyy-" Lexi buried her face into Tom's chest. She heard Matt gasp.

"Oh. My. God. This is happening. This is happening, right? I'm not dreaming?" Matt was actually freaking out. In a good way.

"No, Matt. This isn't a dream." Edd smiled and looked back at Lexi.

"Why are you guys here?" Tom groaned, still attempting to wake himself up.

"Brreeakfast!" Matt sang. 

"Oh, Uh.. There was this paper on your door, Tom." Edd held up a paper with Tord's symbol on it. Of course, none of them but Lexi knew what it meant.

"Eh.. Lemme see it!" Lexi climbed off of Tom and ran over to Edd, snatching up the paper. She pretended to figure out what it meant. "Hmm.." She was really looking for any writing other than the symbol, and she found it. A very small heart and a few letters. "C.O.S?" She tilted her head and folded it up, putting it in her pocket.

"What is it?" Tom was climbing off of his bed.

"I dunno, I'll look at it later."

(I'm writing this before school so I'm making it a short chapter. Have fun with it, I guess?..)