Chapter Nine

A/N BTW if you couldn't tell by the cover of each book. That's Payton's beloved baby blue mustang, aka my dream car. ^^^^ <3

Chapter Nine: Can I Finally Be Home?

Agents Harris and Randall sat with my parents. With long arguments they got social services off our asses. Ben sat in the room as well, he became a good help. They were all in the living room enjoying coffee after a long day of work. "Tomorrow a group of agents are going down to Torreon Mexico, some girl matching Payton's description fell from a building and then stole a truck," Harris explained. "How long ago," my mom asked. "Ten, eleven hours" he replied. "She could already be across the border," my dad replied. "She can't get across without an ID. Even if she had one, she's a minor, they wouldn't let her across," Hayes said. "Exactly," Randall replied. "Torreon is hours from the border," my dad said. "She could still be in the area," Harris argued.

The nice cashier, after hearing my story, offered to smuggle me across the border. We were just about to get checked when a border patrol officer pulled us aside. He came to my side and looked at a picture of me. "You're Payton Davis," he said. I started crying. "Yeah, I just want to get home," I replied. He smiled. "We'll get you on a plane home Payton," he assured me.

Everyone still sat in the living room arguing. Harris' phone started to ring. "Hello," he answered. Harris stayed silent for a minute and then hung up the phone. My family stared at him, waiting for him to speak. "Border patrol found her, she's on a plane home," he said. My moms heart sunk to her stomach, and she broke down crying.

I broke down, mentally and physically, when I stepped off the plane and was surrounded with news reporters and cops. My ankle was still broken so I was using crutches. Once clear of the reporters, I saw my family. I ditched my crutches, ditched my pain, and ran towards them. I jumped into my dads arms and everyone else group hugged around. A few minutes later he out me down I hugged my mom, then Hayes, Adam, Zayn, and then Adrian. I then looked at my sister. She was in tears. She punched my arm. "Why the fuck did you do it," she asked. "I had no choice, you needed to get home," I yelled. "They need you more than they need me Payton," she yelled. "Alexis," my mom interrupted. I hugged Alexis, and let her cry in my arms.

I was now in the hospital, I was waiting for my ankle X-ray and for my STD test to come back. The doctor came into my room. "Well, your ankle is fractured in four places. That's the good news. The bad news, you'll probably have a limp the rest of your life," he said. "The tests," I asked. "Surprisingly enough, the drugs you say they made you take, helped. You have no STD's. Your pregnancy test came back negative and the drugs are being flushed from your system through that," he said as he pointed to the machine filtering my blood. "Thanks doc," I said. "No prob Payton," he replied, giving me a fist bump. He left the room.

Garrett ran into the room. He hugged me instantly. "Paul's on his way. Your dad just called both of us," he said. "I missed you," I replied. "I missed you so much more, what did they do to you," Garrett asked. "Nothing, I'm fine," I replied. "You're saying nothing because you don't want me to know. Was it that bad?" I didn't even have to answer, I just broke down and I started bawling.