Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven: Safe and Sound

Everyone always thinks about the way they'll die. Not me. I've came so close to death so many times, I can't even think of a way I haven't almost died. But falling off the side of the building, that wasn't a way I was going to die ether.

I felt Paul's strong hand catch my arm. "Let me go," I screamed. "No! Garrett help," Paul screamed. I felt Garrett grab my other arm. Then they both pulled me over the balcony. I pushed them both away. With tears in my eyes and pain in my voice I cried, "Why did you do that to me?!" "What save you," Paul asked, he was crying as well. I collapsed onto the ground, bawling. Paul embraced me, he was sitting on the ground as well. "Why," I asked, still bawling. "I love you Payton," he replied, still crying as well. "Why," I asked again, pain apparent in my voice. "I just want to die," I cried. Paul shushed me, and continued to console me.

I woke up laying in a hospital bed in the psych ward. Paul was sitting on a chair next to me. "When can I see Alex," I asked him. "She's in surgery," Paul replied. "What," I asked. "They found her a heart, right when you jumped," he replied. "How long have I been out," I asked. "You passed out after we pulled you back up. Then they put you under to keep you asleep while your adrenaline went back to normal," Paul replied. "My parents," I asked. "No one besides Garrett and I know," he replied. I sat up. "I'm aloud to be in pain," I said. "We know. We expect nothing less after what happened to you," Paul consoled, grabbing my hand. "What would I do if I lost you," I asked Paul. "Not kill yourself, Payton. You're just going to have to drive it off," he somewhat joked. He leaned in and kissed my cheek. "I love you Paul," I said. "I love you too," he replied.

After I was released Paul and I walked up to Alex's room, she had just woken up from surgery. I went into her room. "She's going to be ok," I asked. "Yeah, no thanks to you," Hayes retorted. "What did I do," I asked. "You don't think the doctors told us what happened," my mom asked. I started breaking down. I couldn't control my tears. "Momma, I'm sorry," I said in between sobs. "You should be. Paul told us what he was saying to you. He did a great job talking you down. I don't think you did it for Alexis. You did it because you didn't want to be here anymore," my dad yelled. "I'm sorry, but I'm aloud to be in pain," I screamed. They all stared at me with blank faces. The whole Alexis situation made them forget that they lost their daughter for a month. Maybe they didn't need me anymore?

A/N I hope everyone keeps the Walker family in your thoughts and prayers today and they go through a difficult time. One year. Race in paradise Paul.