Date

"J-Jongho?"

"Wooyoung?"

Wooyoung stares at the man before him, surprised to see this has been the man he has been talking to for a little while. Jongho clears his throat, "Have a seat, I haven't ordered anything yet because I wasn't sure what you liked."

Wooyoung nods, coming around the table to sit across from Jongho. Once seated, he faces the younger boy, who is watching his every move, "So... how are things?"

Wooyoung lets out a heavy breath, "Well, this is certainly a surprise."

Jongho's face visibly falls, "You're disappointed."

"What? No I'm not-"

"Yes you are," Jongho sighs, "I can see it."

"I'm not disappointed I'm more... shocked," Wooyoung admits, "I didn't expect the man I was talking to for a couple months to be the man who was at my husband's funeral three years ago."

Jongho bites his lip, letting the awkward silence wash over the table before he takes in a deep breath, "Well, maybe this is a sign?"

Wooyoung arches his eyebrow, "A sign?"

"Are we ready to order?" A waitress asks, grabbing her notebook and pen from her apron.

"Uh," Wooyoung opens the menu, not even looking anything over as he chooses something random, "I'll have the mushroom ravioli."

"I'll have the lobster spaghetti carbonara," Jongho replies, handing her his menu and Wooyoung does the same.

Once she's gone, Wooyoung looks to him, "What do you mean by us meeting up being a sign?"

Jongho shrugs, biting his lip nervously as he looks at Wooyoung, "Maybe this is a sign for you... from him." Wooyoung freezes, thinking it over for a moment before Jongho speaks up, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have stepped over that line."

"No," Wooyoung shakes his head, "You're right. If he were here he would tell me to move on. I've sulked and rot in my own pity for too long and it's time I find someone to move on with. I can't be a widow for the rest of my life. I am after all only twenty-four."

Jongho smiles, "That's the spirit."

"You know what," Wooyoung waves a hand as he smiles apologetically, "Let's start over."

"Agreed," Jongho laughs, "I'm Choi Jongho, I am twenty-three years old and I like to work out and keep in shape. And you?"

Wooyoung giggles, "I'm Jung Wooyoung, I'm twenty-four years old and I am a sucker for rom coms."

"Oh no," Jongho sighs, "Not you too."

"What?"

"You and my mother both like rom coms," Jongho shakes his head, "Now I'm going to have to double my suffering."

"You don't like them?" Wooyoung asks, his smile grows on his face as Jongho chuckles.

"Not a huge fan, to me they're all the same story line. Like those fucking Hallmark movies that play around Christmas time."

Wooyoung blushes, biting his lip playfully as he tries to keep himself from grinning, "I actually like those too."

"Fuck me I'm in trouble," Jongho brushing his hair back, causing Wooyoung to laugh adorably. Jongho smiles, "So, you like rom coms and cheesy, sappy love stories. Is there anything else I need to know about Wooyoung?"

A waiter brings by a bottle of wine and two glasses, Jongho accepts with with a kind nod and the waiter pours them both a small sample. Wooyoung hums, picking his up and with an extra push drinks his instantly for courage. He sets the wine glass down, twirling the rim with the tip of his middle finger, "Hmmmm, my favorite breakfast is blueberry pancakes with chocolate syrup. And bacon. Lots of bacon."