R

Although I wanted to multiple times, I refrained from disturbing Taehyung while he was locked up in his office. He was trying to do work and I simply wanted to speak with my new master--a selfish reason and not a valid excuse. My own needs could wait until he was finished with whatever it was that he was doing. A thought suddenly strikes me and I wonder if I should make dinner. I could easily go without food but it would be unhealthy for the hardworking brunette. Would he appreciate it if I made something? Or is he the type that prefers to get takeout? It's a Friday too, which, according to my database, is a common day to eat out.

That's when I'm hit with another thought: what if Taehyung decides to go out but doesn't want me to accompany him? It's not like I would be offended but spending the night alone isn't something that sounds appealing. Not when I've been alone for most of my life. Then again, my life so far consists of approximately six months and for ninety-two percent of the time I was powered off, only needing to be awakened for system checkups.

I get up from the spot I've been sitting in for two hours and six minutes, heading over to the kitchen. The first place I look is in the fridge, which surprisingly has more food than I expected. According to clichés, men who are fairly wealthy and live in a penthouse all alone tend to have empty fridges. I then check the cupboards and, sure enough, there is some more food. It's not as much as most houses but he is living alone so he probably doesn't need as much.

I make up my mind and walk down the hall towards Taehyung's office. It's completely silent inside so I knock quietly, hoping I won't be disturbing him while he's in the middle of something important. When I hear a muffled "come in" I open the door and stick my head inside. Taehyung is sitting in a chair behind a dark, mahogany wood desk littered with pages of paper and several file folders. The brunette was staring at me expectantly, rolling his shoulders and stretching his neck.

"Yes?"

"I was wondering if you wanted me to make dinner? If you have your own plans that's fine but I think you should eat something," I say softly.

Taehyung's eyebrows rise slightly. "Is there enough food to make something? I don't really buy as much as some people."

"Well, there's more than I expected. I could probably put something together, even if it's just a bunch of small snacks," I answer.

"That would be great, thanks," Taehyung says and he actually looks thankful. "I'm just gonna finish up in here and then I'll come out."

I'm practically beaming as I exit the office, feeling proud that I decided to ask. I get the impression that he wasn't expecting this but is pleasantly surprised. Maybe he didn't know I would offer or maybe he forgot that there's someone else here taking care of him now. There's also the possibility that he just hasn't had anyone offer to make him food but with Jimin as his best friend, I feel like that is a less likely option.

As I look through the ingredients available I realize there really aren't too many things I can make. I settle for a salad with the romaine lettuce and start cooking up some pieces of chicken to put on top. I also find some cherry tomatoes so I add those to the salad as well. The only dressing Taehyung has is ranch but I was hoping to use that anyway so it wouldn't pose a problem. As I'm finishing up with the chicken strips, I notice Taehyung coming down the hall to the kitchen. He sits at the breakfast bar and eyes the food with an unreadable expression.

"I'm sorry if it wasn't what you were hoping for. It's the first thing I could think of to make with what you have," I apologize as I add the chicken pieces to the salad.

"No, it's alright. The fact that you've made something is impressive on its own. I...wasn't expecting this," Taehyung replies, watching me drizzle the ranch dressing on the salad. After my product is complete, I move the plate in front of Taehyung, watching as he uses his fork to shovel a mouthful of food into his mouth.