Chapter 3. The first battle

"It's beautiful outside isn't it?" You say to Juuzou as the two of you were walking to a local cafe after a couple hours of training, all that could be heard was the soft swaying of trees and Juuzou's humming that was being swept away by the wind "hm..it sure is" he says back softly but soon gets back to humming.

You and Juuzou start to walk through a park, as you looked around you saw children playing and climbing trees as couples had romantic picnics. You sigh at how calming everything was when you hear a scream of fear and pain. Before you could say anything Juuzou grabbed your arm and started to run towards the screaming, you ran close behind Juuzou and all he said was "Ghoul.." you knew what was about to happen.

You soon reach where the screaming was and you saw your worst nightmare... on the ground was the limbs of what looked to be a small girl and next to them was a blood thirsty Ghoul chewing on the poor girls torso. You shiver in fear from the gruesome sight but in the corner of your eye you saw that Juuzou had already gotten out most of his knives and was ready to fight. So you did the same.

The Ghoul looked up at the two of you and smirked showing that his teeth was covered in blood and small pieces of flesh could been seen. "Oh I'm gonna enjoy eating the two of you.." the Ghoul hisses as he got up and started running towards you. Juuzou screamed "now!" And you immediately knew what to do, you started to throw knives at the Ghoul, every knife hit the Ghoul making him drop to the ground "you wanna finish him off?" You ask Juuzou with a playful smirk but before he could answer you felt a sharp pain in your chest as you let out a blood curdling scream. The Ghoul had stabbed you with its Kagune.

Your vision went blurry as you fell to the ground your skin was pale and your limbs were weak. You couldn't fully make out what was going on but you could see that Juuzou was attacking the Ghoul at what seemed to be full strength and not long after had killed the monster.

Juuzou soon ran up to you with a worried look on his face "come on let's get you to somewhere safe!" He yells in fear as he picks you up, he holds you tightly as he runs back to the CCG and as he runs in he yells "we need help now!" And without another word you were carried away by medics as Juuzou just stood there blood all over his hands and chest hoping that you would be okay.