Chapter 8. Awards night 

It was a couple months after operation auction sweep, you and your peers were at the annual CCG award ceremony where you and your fellow investigators would be awarded for your hard work. You were enjoying a drink with a few co workers as the ceremony started. There were a few speeches from investigators such as investigator Washu and Mado.

Not long after the awards were finally handed out. Yoshitoki Washu was up on stage saying "I am proud to promote Investigator Y/N L/N and Juuzou Suzuya as special investigators. And Y/N you will be rewarded an extra 1.7 million yen for eradicating the nutcracker!" the room was filled with applause and cheers as you started to feel light headed from the shock "a special investigator I haven't even been here for a year!" You think to yourself but was soon cut off by you squealing, Juuzou had ran up to you and pulled you up holding you tightly by the waist "great job Y/N! I knew you would be an amazing investigator!" He smiles brightly as he slowly sets you down. Your face was red in embarrassment as you rub the back of your neck "t-thanks.."

Your night was filled with laughs, cheers and drinks as you enjoyed the time with your friends. It wasn't often that you get to do things like this. Due to you always being so busy with work and leaving the office quite late. But you weren't complaining you loved the job and it was even better cause even if Juuzou was done hours before you he would stay until you wrote the last word on your reports, it gave you comfort really knowing that he was there for you.

You noticed yourself day dreaming as you see Haise Sasaki the Mentor of the Quinx squad walk up to you with a smile "hay Y/N!" The two of you chatted for awhile mainly about work as he hands you a envelope "I'm having a Christmas party next week and I was hoping you could come!" You happily agreed.

You were now at home sitting on your couch bored. It was late but you didn't feel like sleeping, you then got a bolt of interest as you think of what you can make for Juuzou for Christmas. You quickly run to your room grabbing everything you need as you spend the rest of the night making a gift for Juuzou, let's just hope he likes it

This chapter killed me cause in the Manga there is an award ceremony and a Christmas party but it's in a different order, the party comes first but I have a plan for some drama at the party so I had to switch it around. Sorry if it annoys you and hay I'll see you in the next chapter! - Microwave with legs