Chapter Seven : Wrong Deals

What are you doing here? I'm sorry... It was stupid to ask. You also visit dad of course. Did you happen to see any woman here before you came in? I.. Uh... Was supposed to see someone here. "

Nenye shook her head before wiping her eyes with her hands. She quickly stepped away from her husband and headed towards the door.

Her eyes were red and puffy from her crying and Michael felt bad about how bad the incident had gotten. It was only a game that they were playing but he couldn't help but notice the shimmering attraction that he had for the mule.

"He had hots for the girl" in simple terms but it was clear to him that she didn't feel the same way. Was she that naive? How come she hadn't figured out that he lied.

Nenye headed towards the door and he followed suit.

"Nenye wait! we need to talk"

Nenye ignored Michael increasing her pace still fighting her tears back. He was the cause of her problems, he was the one who brought the idea of the stupid game to her. He was the one who had been.....

Her thoughts were cut off with his hands grabbing hers.

"Just hear me out please... I was.... I am so sorry about what happened this morning okay. I shouldn't have let things get out of hand."

Nenye glared at him completely uninterested in his statements.

"We should never have agreed to play that stupid game, but it's just that you were so annoying, you are really annoying but sometimes you can be a bit sweet. You can have the house this weekend. I don't know nenye, the alcohol and the mood and the stars tinkling, which was your idea by the way and the kiss. I am so sorry about everything, I didn't realize that you didn't like me that much "

Nenye had been enduring his rambling, rolling her eyes at intervals, waiting for his apology to cease so that she would walk away till he mentioned the stars tinkling and a kiss.

" What kiss? " She blurted out" I don't remember any of those "

Michael groaned put of frustration, rolled his eyes before returning his gaze on her.

" How exactly did 5% alcohol erase your memory? You had one glass! One glass of smirn off ice and now you can't remember a thing. I daresay I was a victim of your drunkenness" Michael's grip on Chinenye lessened and he folded his hands over his chest. Earning him a cold glare from nenye

Before nenye could even utter a word, a nurse walked to them and told them to lower their voices.

"We will continue this conversation outside you alcoholic! And you're going to explain everything to me including how I got into your alcohol reeking bed in the first place. Your room is so messed up! I don't even know how you survive there!"

Michael scoffed falling into steps with nenye and heading out of the hospital

" You didn't seem to think so yesterday while you were rolling around on my bed. You called it heaven! "

Nenye flushed out of embarrassment and fought to regain her composure.

"Oya talk now! Osiso!"

She was still glaring at Michael who found her posture quite amusing.

"After you came into the restaurant, I dared you to stay. Well you did and you had one glass of the drink. Well I noticed how tipsy you had become and well Ummm we left the restaurant. Then you started yapping about stars and mind you... You were looking quite beautiful in that dress. "

Michael cleared his throat before he continued.

" You told me about your parents and how we would hear the stars tinkle at the rooftop. So we went there, more like I carried you there "