Chapter 4: Train

"Uh..." he stuttered, "I-I saved some-some food for you."

"Sorry, I'm not hungry," I lied. But I wasn't going to eat Capitol food. At least, until it was completely necessary.

"Well, I'll just set it here and go," Dakota said.

"Wait, who are the other tributes?" I asked. I didn't want to be alone again. I can't trust myself.

Dakota plopped down beside me on the bed. "Well there's a strong guy from 7, a nerdy kid from District 13, a really pretty girl from 11, and a lot of others. If you had watched with us, you could have seen them."

"How can you like the Capitol people? How can you stand to sit next to them?"

He shook his head, "They're not bad people. The peacekeepers are actually really funny and nice once you get to know them. I don't see why you can't like them."

"Look what they did to us! We're in these stupid Hunger Games! Look what they did to me! I'm a freakin' magic! Look where it got me! I'm a weirdo, and outcast! So you tell me, how I can just forget about all of this and pretend they've done no wrong!" Breathing hard and purple wisps coming off of my hands.

He backed away, scared to death. "Oh, sorry." I said, calming down.

"I didn't know," he apologized before he left.

I'm not supposed to use magic! I'm not supposed to use magic! Ugh! Stupid! I thought, banging my forehead.

 I just need to relax. Take a nice long nap. One relaxing...long...nap...