Chapter 6: TV

Honestly, there's hardly anything to do in my room. All you can do is look out the windows, fall asleep on the bed, or watch TV. I picked up the remote and plopped myself on the bed.

They were doing a commentary segment of the tribute announcements. It was almost over, they were just doing the last two districts.

"Wow. Look at those District 12 tributes," the male announcer said.

"Especially that girl, she's absolutely adorable! She has the cutest face ever! I love her honey hair! I would just die to see her in person!" the female squealed.

"There you have it folks, Josh Minor and Robin Verse! Will one of the coal mining kids win the Hunger Games? Or will it be one of the District 14 tributes?"

They replayed me slowly walking up to the stage.

"Look at her ---" The TV shut off.

I didn't notice Dakota standing there.

"Oh, hey Dakota."

"Hello Holly."

"Why'd you turn off the TV?"

"They were really negative about us. I didn't want you to hear what they said about you."

"It's nice that you care, but I want to know what they're saying."

I took the remote and turned it back on. It had just ended.

"The District 14 tributes! And now for your weather!"

I turned of the TV. I already knew there was an 85% chance Dakota was going to rain on my parade.

"What are you really here for Dakota?"

"Well, you were mean to Mr. Logan. He was trying to apologize but you gave him a cold shoulder. You should go say sorry."

Sometimes it seems like Dakota plays the role-model brother for me. And he's younger than me! Dakota would have been a better brother for me --- no offense. It's just that Corin got angry so easily but Dakota had a calm, soft nature.

 "I told you already that I don't like Capitol people."

"That's no reason to continue hating them. You shouldn't connect all the terrible things other Capitol people have done to you, with Mr. Logan. I think Mr. Logan wants to be your friend. You don't have to be mean to everyone. That's why no one wants to be around you, you're seeing everyone else as the problem --- but you are the problem." he stated.

My jaw dropped. Dakota was harsher than I thought. But I think he spoke the truth. I sighed.

"You're right Dakota. Now, could you leave me alone?"

"Okay..." he answered. He clicked the door shut behind him.

All these conflicting emotions! Being back around people is going to take some adjusting to. I wish people would lay off sometimes, they don't realize what I've been through. They all had an easier life than me,but they expect me to be just as good --- no, better --- than everyone else.

Watching some pointless TV should help me fall asleep. I pressed ON and kicked back. There were two men: one with midnight blue eyes and another with black hair and a black suit.

The blue eyed man grinned, "I know this will be the most memorable and amazing Hunger Games of all time."

"How about you give the audience a little hint what it will be like?"

"I don't want to give away the experience of the Games. We already know there will be fighting and survival in it. Hmm...let me put it this way: red against the white."

"Well folks, if you can figure that out, you'll have an idea of the Games! Thanks for coming Marcus. It's been a pleasure. That's it for tonight everyone. This has been a first ever interview with the brains behind The Hunger Games, brought to you by yours truly, me, Julius Flickerman! Good night Panem!"

That face...that face seems familiar...