Part 7

"Jake I thought you said you found me a studio apartment?" I crinkled my nose in confusion as we pulled up in a nice part of town and there wasn't a single apartment block to be found. We had parked in the drive way of a single story house. It was beautiful it was a brick house with a little garden out the front and a porch.

"I did, but that fell through and it seemed too expensive for such a small place so I paid for the first six months on this place for you, and you can't say no because I already paid it and signed all the contracts." He said brightly. "That's why it took a little longer for it to be ready!" He explained excitedly.

"And when that six months is up and I can't afford to live here?" I cocked an eyebrow at him.

"Well it's not all that expensive to be honest. It's just a little further from Hollywood than you wanted." He shrugged his shoulders and opened his door and got out of the car and walked around my car and opened my door. He tossed me the keys that we'd picked up on the way and grinned at me.

"You didn't have to pay six months of rent." I frowned as I caught the keys and got out of the car.

"I kind of did, there was a bit competition to secure the lease, so I compromised." He chuckled. "Also, I think you're gonna love it!" He grinned and we walked to the front door.

"Thank you," I smiled and hugged him before I opened the door.

"I told you I'd help you get on your feet. You've done a lot for me over the years, this is me paying you back." I smiled softly at my best friend and hugged him a little tighter.

"I love you Jake," I sighed and I held him tight.

"I love you the most." He chuckled back.

I opened the front door and let out an audible gasp when I noticed how big that house looked from the inside. The hallway that led in to the house had white walls and stunning wooden floors. As we walked in to the house there was a door to the left that revealed a bedroom with the same white walls and brown carpet that looked like it had just be put in. To the right was what looked like another bedroom and as I walked further down the hallway the whole house opened up and lead to a kitchen that had recently been done up. With cabinets on the bottom and the top and huge island in the middle. There was a breakfast bar and refrigerator that was in built in to the walls and looked like a cabinet. Opposite the giant kitchen was a huge living room with he same hard wood floors and white walls. Behind the curtain there were french doors that looked like it folded all the way out and led to the back yard.

"Are those french doors?" I asked curiously as I walked towards them.

I drew the curtains and let out a loud scoff as I looked through the folding doors and saw the backyard. "As if this place is in my budget!" I said as I opened the doors and walked in to the small but beautiful backyard. There was a built in barbecue against the back fence and a little garden to the side with a fire pit in the middle.

"That's why I had to pay in advance, so I could beat all the others." He chuckled. "You like it?" He asked curiously as he swung his arm over my shoulder and walked me back inside and to the last bedroom that was in the middle of the back wall. "This is the master." He said and I scoffed again I saw how big the room was. It was almost three quarters of the size of my house in Ohio. It was as long as the wall that spanned from the kitchen to the living room. There was a bathroom connected to it that was huge! Like almost the same size as one of the front bedrooms.

"This is too much. I don't even have enough furniture to put in here!" I said loudly.

"Then we'll go shopping. Would you relax," He laughed. "I want you to enjoy being in California." He said brightly.