Part 15

"Hi!" I squeaked in surprised as my best friend greeted me. I tackled him in to a hug and was so overcome by happiness that I actually started to cry. "What are you doing here? I thought you were supposed to be in Ohio. You did go to Ohio didn't you?" I sobbed in to his shoulder as he chuckled and hugged me back tightly.

"I did. I couldn't stand the thought of you being alone on Christmas so after lunch I booked a flight so I could come home to you." He explained as he gripped me tight and moved forward and moved me backwards so he could close the door. "How are you doing? Why are you crying?" He chuckled as he closed the front door with his foot and let go with one arm so he could flick the lock.

"I'm so happy to see you," I sobbed. I had no intention of letting him go. I had been more miserable than I thought I would be having spent the whole day by myself. I'd been working and binge watching trashy TV and reading gossip columns all day. I had nachos for lunch and a microwave meal for dinner while I sat on my couch with Thor and thought about how miserable I was and how much I regretted not going to Ohio for Christmas.

"I knew you'd be miserable." He mumbled as he stood there and hugged me. "And it was miserable without you there." He added.

"Thank you," I murmured in to his neck. "I love you so much." I told him.

"I love you more." He told me and pulled away and reached up with his fingers and wipes the tears from my face. "Come on, come sit on the couch. I've got a gift for you." He smiled brightly at me.

We walked in to the living room and he dropped his suitcase on the floor and pulled me to the couch and chuckled when he saw the microwave meal and the packet of Doritos I had been sharing with Thor. "Hey buddy!" He chuckled as Thor attacked his owner with happiness. "I missed you too!" He laughed.

"I can't believe you actually flew all the way here on Christmas day!" I said, I was still shocked. But damn, I was happy as hell he was here.

"You weren't responding to my messages and I was worried about you." He frowned. "Here, this is your gift." He said and pulled a piece of paper out his back pocket and handed it to me. It was a document of some sort and confusion followed as I unfolded the piece of paper and looked at it curiously.

The piece of paper had my name on it. It had the address where I was currently living and at the top of the of the piece of paper said 'DEED'. Further down was Jake's name. Jake had just transferred ownership of this house to me. However, I didn't even have a clue that he even owned the place. "Jake..." I looked up from the piece of paper stupidly and realised that he had his phone out and he was recording me. "Jake!" I said again and then looked back down to the paper and read it carefully. There was a blank space for me to sign but it looked like all the paperwork had been done.

"Merry Christmas, Soapy." He grinned lopsidedly at me.

"What?"

"Aw, you're so cute." He chuckled and reached out with his free arm and pulled me to his chest.

"What is this?" I looked back to the document. I wasn't dumb I knew what a deed was. A deed was a legal document that transferred the title of ownership from one person to another.

"It's the deed to this house."

"You're gifting me a house?" I was fucking speechless. This house was incredible but I didn't feel like I deserved it. "Why are you gifting me a house? You said that you paid the rent on it for six months!" I was trying very hard to process all of this information but my brain power was low because it was late, I was tired and I was mentally exhausted from everything happening in my life.

"It's always been yours, babe. That's why it took a little longer to get you in."

"Jake, I can't accept this." I sighed. "It's way too much." I frowned at him.