Chapter 1

They say man is descendent from the first ever wolves to walk the earth

They say man is descendent from the first ever wolves to walk the earth. But over time they forgot themselves. Our story begins in the year 1984 on a winter night.

A pack of fairly large wolves walked by, in this pack where two fully white wolves, a dark gray wolf with a light gray underbelly, a light sandy gray-brown wolf followed by a blue black wolf.

One of the white wolf's stopped to smell the air this action made the rest of the pack stop.

"What's wrong," a gray wolf asked, the she-wolf lifted her head in the air and caught the scent of a person.

" There is a human,"   she said, she began to walk away but a gray wolf stopped her

"So what, it's possibly a hunter," he growled,

" It is not a man, it's faint but it's the sent of a child," she stated,

" Then more reason not to get close," he huffed, this caused the she-wolf to let a low growl

Now, this white wolf was a bit larger than her pack mates, and just with her height, she was intimidating, to say the least.

"Come on guys, don't fight," the sandy brown wolf said to them, as he tried to stop them from fighting.

"If she chooses to go, then so be it," another white wolf said, as he looked at her.

"Don't come running back to us when they try to kill you," the gray wolf said, she growled and made her journey towards the unfamiliar scent.

As she ran through the woods, the scent became stronger, she came to a clearing and saw a girl opening a box that was covered in snow. As she came closer to the girl, she saw the fear in the young child's eyes.

"Do not be afraid ," she whispered , the young child began to look around for the voice before her eyes landed on the rather large wolf.

"How are you doing that," the girl asked.

The wolf sat down and a bright light emitted from its body, the light was so bright that the young child had to cover her eyes. Once the light had slowly died down, she looked over and saw a young woman standing in front of her.

"I have the blood of a human," she said, " As well as Wolf's Blood,"

The child watched as the woman pulled up her sleeve to reveal a tattoo that read W01F1

"You're like me," she said, as she showed her; her tattoo that read 011

" What's your name child," she asked, as she knelt down to get a better look at the child 

"El," she said, 

The woman gave her a warm smile and stood up with her hand outstretched

"I am Ryn," she said. El looked at her hand and slowly took it, " Let's get you somewhere warm," she said, as they began to walk deeper into the woods.

They soon reached a little cave not too far from the clearing but far enough where they won't be seen by other humans, once inside Ryn shifted so she could keep El warm,

"Sleep, you must be tired," she said, El didn't hesitate to lay next to Ryn, she ran her fingers over her white fur and slowly closed her eyes as her ears listen to the sound of Ryn's heartbeat, "Your safe now El, no one can hurt you,"

Ryn looked out from the cave and watched as the snow began to fall faster, she let out a sigh and curled herself into a ball, and wrapped El in her tail as sleep soon took over her as well.