Genji

Christmas was always one of the most fun times in the overwatch base. It's like all of the battle and missions took a halt for all agents to just have fun and enjoy themselves to rest for the upcoming year. This year was no different, the festivity was high and everyone was enjoying themselves. Every year, you would all have a party and just enjoy each other's company without having to fight people while you're at it.

The base was nicely decorated, thanks to Lena and Hana hanging lights and tinsel around the ceiling and the occasional piece of mistletoe above doorways. It was always a lovely time of year to spend with your friends. However, there was one person who you wished was more than your friend, Genji. You were both relatively close friends but you had a crush on him and somehow managed to hide it from him, as far as you thought.

Currently, everyone was just lounging around, watching christmas movies in your lounge area, eating cookies and making mindless chatter. It was a couple days before christmas so it was still seasonally appropriate. You had noticed that your favourite cyborg ninja was missing from the current gathering, but it would have been way too obvious to go look for him so you decided to excuse yourself to go to the kitchen to fetch yourself as a drink. As you were passing through the doorway you saw Genji approaching and smiled slightly, you couldn't really tell if he was smiling back but you had just assumed he was. You both made idle chat with each other under the doorway until someone shouted your name.
'Hey Y/N, Genji do you guys realise where you're both standing?!' Shouted Tracer. Cautiously you both peered upwards to see the mistletoe others had placed there earlier. Instantly, your face had flushed red and although this was kind of your dream all the people staring at you was making you extremely nervous and uncomfortable. Without looking anyone in the eyes you spluttered some kind of excuse and ran out of the room and into the snowy outdoors.

You took a seat underneath a tree and played with the snow at your feet. You were a bit comfused at yourself, you really liked Genji and yet when you were given the opportunity to kiss him you made a fool out of yourself and left. You buried your head into your knees and began shaking due to the low temperature.

Something soft was draped over your shoulders  which relieved coldness of the crisp winter air. A second later,  a certain cyborg sat himself down next to you. You hadn't realised that he had even left the building until he was by your side.
'Won't you also be cold?' You only realised how stupid your question was after you asked it. He chuckled.
'My dear Y/N, i'm made of metal i don't exactly feel the cold anymore.' It made you feel really silly and yet made you blush after his nickname.
'A-ah right sorry.' You apologised awkwardly.
'No need, people are naturally curious. However i do have something i must request?' He tilted his head towards the end which made your heart melt.
'Y-yeah what do you need?'
'Well Y/N i never got my kiss from earlier.' This shocked you. A lot. The situation was so awkward that i made you leave and yet you probably left him there looking like a fool.
'I'm so sorry Genji! I didn't mean to embarrass you infront of everybody i was just overwhelmed.' Your rambling earned a small chuckle from Genji, which confused you even more.
'Y/N, you misunderstand. I wasn't embarrassed or in need of an apology because i brought this.' Seemingly out of nowhere, Genji pulled a piece of mistletoe out from behind him and removed his visor so you could see his scarred, but gorgeous face. He was smiling quite brightly but you were too dazed to register what was going on until he gently grabbed the side of your face and spoke,
'may i?' You nodded eagerly and he grinned and kissed you passionately as though he had been waiting to do it for years. Your hands wandered to the back of his head, running your hands through his soft hair meanwhile he grasped your hips, hands pressing harder as the kiss got more intense. Reluctantly, you both pulled away from each other, out of breath and heavily breathing. Neither of you said anything, you both just stared into each others eyes for what felt like forever.
'So, same time tomorrow?' You giggled and nodded and took hold of his soothingly cold, metal hand. Sighing contently, you were happy that you had somebody to enjoy your christmas with.

omg this is so late but l i k e its new year so but yeah sorry its so short but im also really confused cos im getting reads on this book but theyre all on the first chapter lol? like why yall not wanna read the actual content lol but anyways enjoy!

Word Count: 855