Hanzo

Unopened. The letter was still unopened. The edges breaking from hesitant tears and the wax seal, baring the Shimada clan sigil, was chipping away. You were still in disbelief, your childhood friend, Genji was murdered by his own brother. You had always believed that Hanzo was innocent and would never hurt anybody and when you heard the news you were stunned. You hadn't heard from either of them since the day that you found out. The only thing that Hanzo had left behind once he fled was a single letter. It had Y/N written on the front in cursive writing. It was all still too much to process for you. You and Hanzo were close with each other and you still had no idea why he had done what he did. Presumably, it was explained in the letter that you had finally decided to open. After retrieving the letter that was buried underneath piles of rubbish and dirty clothes, salty twars from your own eyes littered the envelope. You opened it.

'Dear Y/N,

There has been so many doubts between us, so many tears, disagreements, and most of all so many regrets. I feel that's what defines our story most. I don't know if these regrets will last forever, I just don't know anymore. Maybe they too will forever be part of me as they are of our story, buried in a corner,  lost between my mind and my heart.
You don't have to understand. In fact, it's probably best if you don't. My actions are unworthy of forgiveness from you or anybody else. I can't tell you where i am, quite frankly i don't know myself, but far away is where i should be. I had always fixated on protecting you and Genji from others when in reality, i should have been protecting you from myself. Despite this, you will always remain in my heart and i trust i will be in yours. The more i write, the more i consider what a mistake this could be. But you shouldn't worry, because i will be back eventually. I seek forgiveness for my errors and with hope i can find it and return to you. Just, promise me one thing? Wait for me to come home. I love you more than any words could ever describe despite how unlike me this seems. Stay safe from others and yourself.

Sincerely,
Hanzo x'