Chapter Two

This is Harrison Abernathy. I know we haven't met, but I have some inquiries for you. I'd love to have dinner with you tonight at the Chambray Wine Factory. My treat. You're free to bring a guest if you'd like. Hope to see you then. Xx.

Salvatore stared down at the text message in her hand. What was going on all the sudden? She went from being the semi-quiet friend of Madeline, Eleanor, and Jacqueline to suddenly being contacted directly herself. She wanted to know what inquiries he was referring to, but it didn't seem he wanted to share over text. That only lead her to believe that they wanted her for some modeling agency and were going to use a fancy dinner to try and convince her to work under them. It was weird to go from nothing to having every modeling agency fighting over her signature.

Salvatore put her phone away and went back to work on typing up her latest article. Usually, when she went to work, she could feel normal again after a night of fancy parties, expensive drinks, and esteemed guests. This time, she wasn't able to escape the fallacy of the world of fame. She couldn't keep it off her mind as she tried to get her work done. She was thankful for her lunch break so she could hopefully clear her head by filling her stomach. She needed to figure out if she was going to attend that dinner tonight or not, so her lunch break didn't exactly help. She didn't know who this guy was, so she decided to call Madeline and ask her. She was sure she would know. "Hey, Sally! What's up? I'm doing a shoot right now, but if you make it quick—"

"Harrison Abernathy? Do you know him?" She went straight to the point, as requested.

"He contacted you, didn't he? He asked me for your number and I gave it to him." She told her.

"Okay, first of all, why? Second of all, you're still not telling me who he is." Salvatore crossed one arm over her chest to convey her irritation, despite the fact that Madeline couldn't see her.

"Because, I think you should hear him out. He works under Sebastian, they're best friends and have been for years." She informed her. Salvatore shook her head with a sigh.

"If he's going to try and convince me further about this model thing, it's going to make me turn the offer down all together." Salvatore threatened.

"You're considering it?!" Madeline asked excitedly. Salvatore realized her words were poorly chosen.

"I didn't say that."

"Well, whatever. Anyways, that's not what he's wanting to ask you about, so you should go. Besides, I know you love Chambray." Madeline sang out. She was right about that. Salvatore sighed.

"He said I could bring a guest. Are you busy tonight?" Salvatore asked. Madeline was excited that she was going to go, and that she was inviting her to come along. She had to admit she was curious about what Harrison was going to say to her. Plus, she and the two boys were old friends.

"You're in luck! My meeting this evening got moved to tomorrow. I'll be with Oliver to pick you up at, say, six. Wear something decent." She told her, then clicked off. Salvatore nodded to herself, not sure why she was doing this. Then again, it was a surprise. Something different out of her normal routine. Something unexpected.

After work, Salvatore rushed to change into a nice dress. She'd only been to Chambray a couple of times, and she knew it was specifically formal attire at all times. She wore a rosy pink dress with brown buttons all the way down it. It was spaghetti strap, and she paired it with a long, black pea coat and black pointed heels. Her makeup was already done for work, so she only touched it up a bit. Her hair was naturally wavy and gorgeous. Before she knew it, Oliver and Madeline were there to pick her up. She locked her door after her as she stepped outside onto the sidewalk. Oliver opened the door of the sleek black SUV. "Good evening, Oliver."