/1/

🥀Amaia🥀

Amaia's outfit^^^

You know that feelin you get when you first wake up and for a second you are happy? Like you have one second where you're still in a daze and it feels like you have never had nothin bad happen to you in ya entire life...well that feeling, its not as great as everyone thinks it is. 

Ya see my parents left me behind a rock wall when I was 5 years old and 3 hours after the police found me and that's when I got put into the system. Thats when John and Kaitlyn adopted me...At first they were great...I mean who wouldn't love havin' rich white parents. I loved them because they made me feel safe and loved. But then I started to get curious.

 I didn't have any memory of my parents or my life before getting adopted. It felt as if when I woke up in the hospital after being taken by the police, my memory was gone. All I remembered was that my first name was Amaia and that I knew Spanish...Puerto Rican Spanish to be specific...and I knew it fluently. John and Kaitlyn gave me their last name Danvers and everything was okay for awhile. 

Thats until I turned 13...It wasn't too bad at first. I started sleep walking when I was 13 turning 14  and my parents didn't know what to do so they just threw money at the problem. Kaitlyn slowly started to resent me for having "The devil in me" As she would put it. One time me and her got into an argument and something came over me and I growled at her. She was so scared. Then they started giving me my medication. By now I have enough pills to medicated all of Africa and then some. Its like they want me to stop feeling. 

When I turned 16 I started to dress a lot more slutty and John and Kaitlyn was not havin it. She told me she would not tolerate  whoring. The truth is I felt free as fuck when I wore nothing at all. There would be times that I turn music up loud in my room and get naked and I just dance and it feels so fucking freeing. Like there's energy of all kinds flowing through your body. Thats when Kaitlyn started to get me even more pills to help me "calm down" as she put it. 

Right now I am eating breakfast before I head to school to earn my criminal law degree. "Good-morning Amaia." Kaitlyn, my adoptive mom said to me as she walked into the kitchen with a mug of coffee. "Morning." I said and took one last bite of my toast and threw all my shit in the trash. I went to the cabinet and looked at my pill bottle that had all my meds for the day. I poured the contents into my hand and tilted my head back so that Kaitlyn would think I took them. I really just put them in my jacket pocket and drank some water. I haven't takin my meds in about a week. For the first time in my 21 years of life I can actually feel again...and I love that shit. 

"Imma head out." I said and grabbed my backpack heading to 125 street station to take the 7:50 am train to NYU. So far going there has been great, I have one girl I really vibe with, India Brewster. She was one of those girls that everyone was scared of because of her family ties. I wasn't scared of shit because she was always mad nice to me and said that there was something about me that made her respect me as soon as she met me. She said energy never lies. 

After I got on the train it took about 25 minutes to get to Campus. India was waiting right up front looking down at her phone and smoking on a cigarette. "You know them shits kill right?" I asked her and pointed to her cigarette. She chuckled and said "Shordy please, I'm a bad bitch you can't kill me." I laughed and we started walking to class. 

"Oh I forgot to tell you my brother Dave is coming to pick me up after classes and take me to the lake...I know you can never go out cause you have to be home by a certain time but can you please be a rebel for one day and come with me?" She begged and I sighed. "India, you know how bad I want to but my parents are afraid that I'm too unstable of a person to go out without freaking out." I rolled my eyes and she gave me a sad look.