Chapter 2

Kion woke up in his den, next to Rani.  He had dreamed of Fuli that night, not exactly the best sign for his relationship with his mate.  Rani was looking at him.

"What's wrong?"  He asked, standing up.

"I'm worried about Azaad," Rani explained before quickly adding, "and Fuli."

"I'm worried about them as well," Kion responded.  He also needed to talk to Fuli.  "Should we go check on them?"

"I don't see why not," Rani stretched.  Kion repeated the motion before walking to the Tree itself beside Rani.

"Nirmala?"  He called.  "Makini?"

"Come in," Nirmala's voice answered.

The lions obliged, seeing that the two cheetahs were still lying down.

"Are they okay?"  Rani asked.

Fuli rolled over onto her stomach.

"Nirmala said that it'd be okay if we walked," she explained, "but we can't run."

"What happened to Harako?"  Azaad asked.

"I knocked him out with the Roar," Kion responded, "but if Janja and his clan are any indication, it wouldn't be enough to keep him out."

Fuli flicked her left ear.

"I hate that cheetah!"  She said, standing up.  "I don't care that he's my blood relative.  Duma will agree with that."

Fuli stomped out of the den.

"What's up with Fuli?"  Makini asked.

"I don't know how much we should explain," Rani said.  "We should probably let Fuli explain most of it.  But, Harako's was Duma's mate, but he abused her."

"Can you explain more to them?"  Kion asked.  "I need to go get Fuli.  Being angry won't help her."

"Right," Rani said.

Kion ran to catch up with Fuli before stopping her.  He ran in front of the cheetah, blocking her path.

"Where are you going?"  He asked.

"To get rid of Harako," Fuli answered.

"Be reasonable," Kion protested.  "Look at the state you're in, Fuuls.  You can't fight him."

"You're right," Fuli sighed.  She turned around for a second before turning back to Kion.  "Wait.  What did you just call me?"

"Fuuls," Kion said, then realized what he said.  "Oh.  Actually, I need to talk to you."

"Why?"  Fuli asked, thinking she knew the answer.

"I'm not entirely happy with Rani," Kion explained.  "So, I was thinking, and I think I'd feel better with you."

"What about Rani?"  Fuli asked.

"She'll understand," Kion said.  "I hope."

"You didn't talk to her yet?"  Fuli responded.

"I wanted to make sure you'd want to be my mate before I told Rani," Kion explained.  "I don't want to break up with her without someone to come to."

"The truth is," Fuli said, "I'm not entirely happy with Azaad.  I came to the same conclusion as you.  I'd feel much better with you."

"Will Azaad understand?"  Kion asked.

"He should."

"Go talk to him, and I'll talk to Rani."