Chapter 3

"My goodness! Honey, what did those poor carrots do to you?"
My father says amused, seeing me intent on cutting vegetables in the kitchen, with the delicacy of an elephant.

"I was lost in thought"
I admit; I have been nervous for this dinner for days.

The idea of ​​finding myself in the same room with Seonghwa after a long time makes me lose my ability to think.

"Are you sure you're okay?"
When I'm about to answer, I hear the intercom for the thousandth time this evening, and each time, without realizing it, I hold my breath waiting to know who it is.

"Yuna!"
I hear my mother call me from the other room.

"Don't worry, I'll finish here"
My father tells me, with his usual smile capable of making me feel calmer instantly.

As soon as I leave the kitchen I see him..

Intent on taking off his coat, revealing a white sweater with black snowflakes, and light blue jeans.

He's always damned perfect.

"Here you are, finally"
My mother says as soon as she notices me, practically paralyzed on the door.

"Go with Seonghwa upstairs and show him where to put his coat, then join us in the living room with the other guests"
I desperately want to oppose, but I must not be childish, I am a woman now... I just have to remember to breathe.

I turn and begin to climb the stairs, making sure from time to time that Seonghwa is following me, but always being careful not to meet his eyes.

"Are you going to not talk to me all night?"
I hear say behind my back, from that voice now too familiar to my ears.

I continue to walk, ignoring him, but I know him too well, and Seonghwa cannot be ignored.

His hand firmly grabs my wrist, and I feel myself being dragged backwards, until my back is resting on his chest.

My heart beats faster and my head is full of confused thoughts.

"Whatever I did ... please forgive me."
His voice suddenly becomes deep, and I barely hold back my tears, realizing how much it hurts to have him close, but also how much it hurts me to stay away from him.

I would like to tell him that it's not his fault what happend to us, but only of my heart, which apparently can't even forget a detail about him.

"It's not that easy"
That's all that comes out of my mouth as I push him away and get rid of his arms.

Before I burst into tears in front of him, I leave the room quickly, going downstairs.