Chapter 9

Seonghwa PV

After a silent journey by car, where we wandered around various motels, finding them all with the rooms already full, I finally found a room, in a place not too far from Yuna's parents' house.

She pouted at me all the way up here, mumbling when I picked her up to get to the room, after I noticed she almost couldn't stand on her own.

"Why did you drink like this?"
I ask her, placing her on the bed in the center of the small room.

"Don't pretend you care about me"
Her tone comes as direct as a whip, and I wonder why so much hostility towards me.

"I care instead! I've always cared about you!"
At my answer she looks up at me, and in her eyes I see ... disappointment.

"I don't know what the heck you've put on your mind in these years-"

"I love you"

Those three simple words, said in a low voice, put together block my words.
Did I hear wrong? What does she mean? Maybe she's just too drunk..

"You heard me?"
Yuna's now sweet tone awakens me from my thoughts.

"Time to sleep, you're drunk"
That's all I can say as I feel my heart beat uncontrollably in front of the girl I love.

As I turn around, two small hands surround my waist.
"The truth is that I hate you because you don't love me like I love you."

I turn slowly, looking into her eyes, seeing them shine.
"But I can't really hate you.. BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!! I love you and you make me suffer! I run away and you chase me!!"
She starts hitting my chest and shouting at me.
"What the hell do you want from me-"
I stop her madness by making her shut up against my lips.

I didn't want it to happen like that, I'm not sure if it's her or the alcohol talking.
But I decide to stop thinking for a moment and enjoy a kiss that tastes like strawberries and cigarettes...like us.