Chapter Eight.

Chapter 8: Important.

Elizabeth's day was surprisingly not too bad considering the fact that her mom has cancer and Cameron just kissed her. Shockingly, she finds herself not hating how it felt. She wishes that thing's didn't hurt her mom as much as it does. Her mom doesn't deserve this, she thinks because despite the drinking she's been a great mom. She never ever let her children sleep hungry,sad or alone,so the mere fact that they diagnosed her with cancer boggles and terrifies her. Terrifies her because this woman has been her pillar,her strength and guidance ever since she could talk and the thought of loosing her mom doesn't sit well on her. The thought alone brings about tears in her eyes. When they discovered her mom had cancer,it was a normal day. They spent their day together,just chatting,Elizabeth was curious and feared the results of her queries because she's noticed the amount of weight her mom has lost,the hair loss and the exhaustion she'd gained after just walking up the stairs. It hit her core one day when she saw her mom cough up blood. That was the trigger to send her to hospital. That was when she ultimately panicked. She's been traumatised it will happen again ever since. That's why she immediately went to find her a job.

"Lizzy, Sabrina's calling for you. She's in the office," says Amanda,one of the workers. She thanks her and heads towards the office. Thinking about the day she got this job.

She's been running around desperately searching for the location of a potential job opportunity that may help her help her mom and she cannot let this opportunity pass her, so she runs as soon as she manages to catch the location. "The Halfway Store" was written on the building. She enters the building, panting and out of breath and stumbles into a lady. She hurriedly apologises and heads towards the front, "Hi, I'm here for the job interview. Where do I go?". The girl behind the counter, looks atleast about 20 years of age, chuckles at Elizabeth, motioning towards the lady she managed to stumble over. Elizabeth's completely complexed until the lady heads over to her and says" Hi, I'm Sabrina. The owner,you are?"
"Elizabeth Jones," she says holding a hand out to be shaken, only to be surprised when the woman actually hugged her. The hug is warm and it reminds her of her mom, which tears her up and she's sniffling on the ladies shoulder. She retracts herself from the hug. " What's wrong dear?" asks Sabrina and she finds herself wanting someone to help her out, to listen and ease her pain on her heart. She tells the story as to why she's there. The cancer and how she needs the money. Everything. The woman hugs her once more and offers her a high standard job.
"I'll give you an amount now immediately my dear, I insist" she says as she see Elizabeth about to protest, about to open her mouth, "it's important your mom gets her treatment as soon as possible right?. You can just work it off my dear how about that?". It's amazing how wonderful this lady appeared to be. She never knew that she would find someone that would help her. She was extremely grateful. That's why she ended up having to accept the offer and seriously thank the woman. She was wonderful.

She's stumbled out of her memory once she knocks her head onto the door, she stifles a groan and knocks onto said door that gave her a bump on her head. "Come in dear," she hears Sabrina's voice and she does just that. "You wanted to see me Ms Dawson?"

"Yes, actually I wanted to know how you know my son Cameron and how many times did I tell you to call me Sabrina?"
She's completely shocked because she's known this woman for years and yet she never deemed her to have a son. It was flabbergasting and the shock only increased when she realised her son is Cameron. "Uhm well he goes to my school," she says shrugging as if its no big deal. "He kissed you though, in front of everyone,how is that no big deal?" Never has Elizabeth been this nervous when it came to Sabrina Dawson. She doesn't know why she's nervous but she definitely is. "I have no idea as to why he kissed me. I'm shocked by it too," she tells her and it's the truth. She's absolutely flabbergasted at his previous actions. Why would he embarrass her like that? In front of every one. The nerve of him. "Okay, I believe you. I actually called you down here cause I need to talk to you and Cameron actually," she's nervous Elizabeth can detect it and it worries her to a hell of a lot. The door opens revealing Cameron into his phone not looking at his mom. "Yes, mom?" "Put that phone down," his mom demanded and he instantly does as she says, shocked at Elizabeth's presence he says, "What're you doing here?" She glares at him and says with venom in her voice, "I could ask you the same thing"
"I need to talk to the both of you: its important." Sabrina's voice is stern and serious. This has to be important, they both think.

Shit I wonder what happened now.