Chapter Nine.

Chapter 9:

She Was Out Of Her Mind.

I stood there waiting for my mom to talk to us, but from the looks of it, she didn't know how to put whatever she wanted to say into words. It irritated me.
I wasn't sure why Elli was in the room with us, but it started to get extremely uncomfortable the more my mom kept quiet. It was an awkward uncomfortable silence that seemed to grow the more my mom kept quiet. "Mom, what is it?" I asked out of frustration. "I have things to do, like meeting up with my girlfriend," I stated as I folded my arms across my chest as a desperate attempt to get this over with. Yes, it was official Jess and I sealed the deal without it even taking a full day. She's just way too easy.

Elli let out a silent sigh next to me, and as she did so, I could smell her perfect perfume. It had a sweet smell, just like her. Just like I expected. It suited her. Finally my mom decided to break the silence and my dangerous thoughts.
"Elizabeth's mother and I came to an agreement," she began to tell us. Since when is she and Elli's mom friends?

"Honey, you might want to sit down for this," she suggested to me. I did what I was told and took a seat next to Elli. Perplexed. I looked at her and looked at my mother again.

Seriously, am I ever not confused these days?

"We've decided that you two should get married," she said and my mouth fell agape. Like literally my mouth fell open. I wasn't really sure I actually heard correct, but when Elli repeated, "Marriage?" My mother looked at the both of us and sighed. "I know this is unexpected news, but this is Elizabeth's mother's sincere wish."

I stood up from my chair. "We don't even know each other, and besides that, we can't even stand each other."
"I know this is hard for-" My mother tried to explain but I cut her off. "Hard?"
"Camer-"
"No, mother. I am not marrying her whether it's your friends wish or not. She can't just make wishes and expect us-"

"My mother is sick,"
And that deafening silence occurred

Elli said, soft, but I was able to hear her. I stood there not knowing what to do. I wanted to apologize, but it was too late because Elli stormed out of the room. I glanced at her face before she left and I caught that look on her face I've seem my whole childhood. Sadness, despair, helplessness. It made my heart ache just a little.

My mother gave me a death glare. "Couldn't you control yourself?"
"But-"
"No, buts Cameron. You just hurt the poor girl. She's alone and sad, and her mother is dying," my mother stated.
"I didn't-"
"Did I say you can start talking? You always jump to your own conclusions. You know what? You need help," she rolled her eyes at me.
"Now can I start talking? I don't need help, mother," I sat back down on the chair. "I'm fine, I'm perfectly fine."
"You better go and apologize to her," my mother demanded. "Now."
I sighed and stood up from the chair. I walked out of the room. I was really sorry for what I had said, I didn't know her mother was sick. I felt bad, and it stung me to be exact. I walked down the street across from the park,not knowing how I knew she would be there but trusting my instincts anyway. I saw Elli sitting on the grass, leaning against the tree, with her head resting against it. She was crying, the tear stains on her face proved it. I jogged across the street and walked towards her. It hurt to know that we couldn't stand each other. We picked fights and shouted at each other, for what? To loose our minds? Loosing our mind for each other? It was surreal at what I felt for her, but couldn't stand her.
How was that possible?

"Elli," I called out, soft and quiet. She sniffed and wiped her tears with the back of her hand. "Cameron, what are you doing here?" she asked me. I leaned down and sat down next to her. "I came to say I'm sorry. I didn't mean what I said. I didn't know that your mother is sick. Please forgive me," I pleaded for her forgiveness. Elli looked at me, and I saw the pain in her eyes. They held something similar to mine. Something I feel we both seem to have in common.
Pain.

Alot of pain.

"It's okay," she said and stood up from where she sat.
"I have to go."
"Wait," I called out and she stopped perhaps hoping for a better explanation but what I did next, surprised us both, because I moved towards her and placed my lips onto hers.

My lips tasted her ever so delicious lips and let me tell you one thing.

Nothing ever compared to this.

This was pure ecstasy.

Damn.