Chapter 9 - Half Truths

Knot and Kong

He knew he had to speak to P'Knot, the only person Arthit turned to for advice and sharing secrets.

Kong called P'Knot.

P'Knot was at home. His phone vibrated and he saw the name before picking up. He muttered, "About time Junior you called."

Ko - "Hello Senior. Are you busy tomorrow evening." 

Kn -" Hey Junior, I was just wondering when you would call me."

Ko - " Were you expecting my call." 

Kn -" I know you better than your self. You only call me only when you feel Arthit is in trouble, or if you both fought or you need help. So speak up." 

Ko -" Sorry P'Knot for making you feel that way. Can we meet at Brights bar at 7." 

Kn -" Ok. No worries.see you."

Kong texted Arthit to know about his plan for tomorrow evening. He didn't want Arthit to be there at Bright's bar as well before he spoke to Knot.

Arthit texted back he has no plans yet but he will head home for dinner. 

His aunt and uncle have come for a visit. Kong exhaled.

Kong reached the bar at 7.

He saw P'Knot waiting at their usual table.

Being Sunday the bar wasn't crowded yet. 

They had a couple of drinks before beginning to speak. Knot knew he needed to get everything out from his mind so that both his friends can be together happily because he knew them too well he had started seeing cracks in the relationship since Arthit started hiding things from Kong and hid behind bottles of beer.

Knot motioned Kong to follow him upstairs to Bright's room so they could speak comfortably without anyone hearing them, mainly to avoid argument between them. 

Knot had a set of Bright's keys. Bright had given it to him in case their friends were trashed while drinking and needed to sleep it off. Kont and Arthit sat on the sofa and sipped his beer. 

Kn -" So Kongpob want do you want to know."

Ko -" Everything. Why did P change and why hide it from me?" P'Knot groaned.

It will be a story night. 

Kn -" Did Arthit tell you anything that happened since November."

Ko -" Since November?? (Kong was surprised) If I remember we lived together except for a few Sundays. If there was something wrong, I would have noticed."

 Kn -" Nong just promise me that you will hit that idiot when you meet him next time. He's become good at hiding things and lies." 

Kong was surprised at the indirect permission given to him. He and Arthit fought a lot but never once had fights been physical even though both were hot-headed. And what lies have Arthit told. 

Kn - " From October I and Arthit were surprisingly put together to work on a project both our companies were doing in connection. Work was going on well. We often met at work meetings and later outside as well. In November after our meeting, we both headed out for lunch before going back to the company. At the restaurant, we met Jay."

 Knot sighed. 

Kn - " Since that day Arthit's worries began including his first love... his heart. And the connection to Nam. Jay told us that he had broken up with Namtran for good and was leaving for Japan for work and won't come back at all. The reason for break up was he cheated on her and got caught. He asked Arthit to take back Namtran and make her his. Yes, Jay knew Arthit liked Namtran and if Jay hadn't confessed to her Arthit would have later and they would be together. He also knew about your relationship as well. He still instigated Arthit that he should leave you and be with Nam. Arthit got angry and hit Jay. I hadn't seen that phase since hazing finished. They fought at the restaurant and Jay landed in the hospital with a broken nose."