Chapter 58 : I did not expect this at all.

YALL I JUST FINISHED WRITING THIS AND I HAVE TEARS IN MY EYES, I PLANNED THIS CHAPTER LIKE A YEAR AGO, IT'S FINALLY HERE!!

Songs of the chapter :
Perfect - Ed Sheeran
A Thousand Years - Christina Perri
Dream of You - Camila Cabello

Chapter 58 : I did not expect this at all.

**********************************************

"Aaron." I yell as I see Aaron getting into his car that was parked across the street from the place we were at, and follow him instantly.

Aaron sees me and doesn't make a move to drive his car, as I reach him and get into the passenger seat.

"What's wrong?" I said as soon as I settled down, as I tried to catch my breath. I really need to start working out.

"Listen Ellie," Aaron said, finally turning to me, "I've been meaning to tell you this but not now, it's too early, we'd just kissed like two days ago."

"Tell me what?" I asked curiously.

Aaron sighed but gave me no answer.

"Tell me Aaron, you know you can tell me anything." I said, a serious expression plastered on my face.

Aaron just shook his head, "Okay, listen Ellie." Aaron began and I listened intently.

"Remember the day that Ethan invited you to sit with us at lunch, and claimed it's because you've both spoken in class?"

I instantly remembered that day from about four months ago. Looking back at it now, even though I hadn't realized just how much time has passed, I still feel as though I've known Aaron, the boys, and Laurel my entire life.

I nodded my head, urging Aaron to continue and he did, "Well the truth is, I asked him to find a way to call you over and be friends with you, because I had a crush on you."

I widened my eyes in shock, not believing what I was hearing. I did not expect this at all.

"Since I met you in the car?" Was the only thing I was able to say.

"No. I've had a crush on you for two years Oreo, you caught my eye way back in sophomore year, and even when I dated other girls, you were always in the back of my head, but I knew you were in a relationship so I backed off." Aaron explained, his voice sounding chill, very opposite to how I was feeling.

I could not believe this. For two years, I had Aaron's attention.

Stupid me thought he never noticed me until I got in his car by accident.

"I don't know what to say." I whispered, looking away from Aaron's intense gaze.

"That day when you entered my car, I was going crazy, I was so happy and nervous, but I acted like I didn't know who you are." Aaron said and then chuckled bitterly afterwards, "Which was stupid, I don't know why I thought I could hide my feeling towards you."

I had just noticed the little droplets of rain hitting the front windshield and I watched them as I spoke, "But why did you ask me if I were in a relationship before if you'd known the answer already?"