Chapter 13 - Like In A Video Game (Part 1)

This chapter will only consist on showing the new rooms and some interactions with Blossom and her pupils along with hints of the next murder. I hope you enjoy this case!

Blossom was just staring at the ceiling, doing nothing. She noticed she didn't even know how much time she had spent on that school but she was tired of it. And she knew everyone else could agree on that.

She tapped her handbook and noticed it was almost 7 AM so she decided to go prepare herself for the horrible day that was coming.

Blossom arrived at the canteen only to find Dexter and Robin already there, seating in different tables. She decided to go seat with Robin.

"Morning, Robin." she greeted weakly.

"Hey, Blossom." he said, emotionless "Are you okay?"

"I'm... fine I guess. This situation is just horrible, y'know?" she replied "Innocent people are dying and we can do nothing about it." she sighed "How are you?"

"As good as someone could be in this crap." he also sighed "I just can't see this people suffering anymore. You're suffering, I'm suffering and everyone here is suffering... it makes me useless knowing I can't even help."

"I know how you feel. I've been a super hero my whole life and knowing I can't do my job and save the others is just..." she lowered her head, not finishing her sentence. Being stuck in that place was slowly getting to her brain and, unknowingly to her, was slowly killing her too.

"But we can't just give up on hope." Robin continued "We have to find some way to figure out who the mastermind is and get out before anyone else gets killed." he said determinedly. "We just have to work all together."

"Work together?" Blossom gave him a look "I mean, with people like Mandy, Finn and... him." she whispered the last word, pointing towards Dexter on the other table, who was simply reading a book with his headphones on, apparently not hearing the friend's conversation.

"Finn?" Robin raised a brow "What is it with Finn?"

"Look." Blossom simply whispered. Robin turned his head to see a depressing looking Finn entering the canteen. He had bags around his eyes and looked extremely tired. He took a seat on the furthest table from everybody.

"I think he's in a depression now." Blossom continued "I mean, after what happened to Jake and to Bubblegum, I can't really blame him. Poor guy." she said, now becoming a bit sad.

Soon after, the other pupils started entering the canteen one by one. Soon, there were Blossom, Bubbles, Buttercup, Robin, Gumball, Darwin and Steven seating on the same table, Dexter and Dee Dee seating on another and finally Finn seating by himself. There was only one person absent, Mandy.

"Where is she?" Blossom thought aloud, loud enough for everyone in the table to hear it.

"Who?" Darwin asked, not knowing what the green powerpuff girl was talking about.

"Mandy. I haven't seen her since like yesterday at the trial." Blossom said.

"I don't know. Maybe she was too ashamed to see us after yesterday." Gumball responded.

"Speaking of which," Buttercup started "Can you guys believe what she said after Mindy's execution? She looked like she wasn't even bothered by that."

"I mean, Mindy didn't look like she was really sorry for killing two people... She was also very mean." Darwin commented.

"I second that. That girl was nuts." Gumball added.

"Hey, everyone," Dexter called everyone out of nowhere "Aren't you going to check the third floor? We succeeded in the last trial, remember?" he asked, before leaving with Dee Dee.