Chapter 18 (Part 1) - Keeping Up With The Pupils (Part 2)

I hope the title isn't too confusing hehe~
So... uh well 👁👄👁. I know I said I would publish at least 2 chapters per month but, well, obviously I didn't do that. Honestly, I wasn't feeling as motivated as I was when I started this and my mental health isn't at its best state right now BUT don't worry I do not intend on abandoning this fic anytime soon. I definitely want to finish it. Sorry for making you guys wait for so long :(
Also, I have been writing this story for more than a year now... 😳 I was expecting to finish writing this fanfic much sooner tbh but oh well. Anyways, Idk if there's still anyone reading this but enjoy the chapter!

The eight pupils were reunited in the canteen. They had just left the dining hall, where Monokuma had given them their targets. The place was completely silent, as everyone was still thinking about the recent motive Monokuma had given them. In order to keep their loved ones alive they had to kill any of the remaining people...
The air was thick and everyone could feel the despair in that room.
"...So?" Mandy spoke up, breaking the silence "Why are we all here? It's lunch time." she said, staring at the clock on the wall that was marking 12:42.
"Monokuma just gave us the strongest and the most disturbing motive yet. Not only that, he also gave us all targets." Robin said "We should probably discuss about what's going to happen and what we're going to do about it."
Mandy frowned "It's pretty obvious what's going to happen. One of you will kill another and then we'll go on another trial where everyone will suddenly put the blame on me only to end up being someone no one suspected before."
The pupils simply stared at her with a brow raised ; she simply shrugged in response "That's what happens every time." she crossed her arms.
"Well uh... interesting..." Robin uttered "But I was thinking about doing something to maybe prevent... that from happening."
"And how do you plan on doing that?" Dexter asked, looking emotionless.
"I think we all should reveal our targets." Robin said.
The other pupils stared at each other, unsure whether it was a good or a bad idea.
"Are you sure that's a good idea?" Blossom asked "Wouldn't that just be worse...?"
"I think it is the most logical thing we could do now, honestly." Robin replied.
"Yeah, and how would it be worse?" Finn inquired, confused. "Wouldn't it actually be better...?"
Mandy nodded "Exactly, that is unless Pinkie here is afraid of her plans being ruined."
Blossom frowned "Ugh no!" she exclaimed, glaring at her "I just think it would make everyone even more paranoid."
The pupils thought about it for a moment, conflicted. Blossom genuinely thought revealing the targets could cause more harm than help, though it could also make the murderer give up on their target... and that would make them lose their advantage.
"I still think it would be better and probably safer if we all revealed our targets." Robin said "No offense, Blossom."
The pink powerpuff girl sighed "Nah, it's okay. Maybe it's for the best... I guess."
Robin nodded "Well, I can be the first one to say... My target is-"
"Stop immediately!" a voice appeared behind the students. They collectively turned around, where they eyed Monokuma standing at the canteen, wearing a frown.
"You guys didn't think it would actually be that easy, did you?" he asked, not expecting a response "You brats cannot tell each other your targets! Not until the class trial! That way it would be no fun!"
The pupils simply glared at him. "And what happens if we say our targets?" Mandy raised a brow.
"I thought you would know by now, blondie. If you ever dare to disobey me here, a trial won't be needed to execute someone! Upupupupu!" they watched as their mastermind left the room.
"He's lying." Mandy said "He always threatens us like that but it's obvious he won't do it. We are his entertainment... he would be bored without us."
Blossom nodded "That's possibly true, but we probably should do as he says... for now."
"Ugh!" Buttercup exclaimed "So what, now?!"
Robin thought for a bit "Maybe we should discuss our findings. We haven't shared what we found on the new floor yet."
"Well," Blossom started "There was a big garden. It was really beautiful."
"Cool." Robin commented "Was there anything that could be useful to us?"
Blossom rested her hand on her chin, trying to remember "There was this giant flower. Monokuma said it was poisonous." she revealed "Also, there were sprinklers that go off every morning at 8 AM according to him."
Finn was the next to speak up "There's also a studio, but I guess everyone knows that by now."
Mandy nodded "Monokuma most likely does his announcements there." she said "Dexter told me he could get a signal for help out."
"Well, I could try." Dexter said, adjusting his glasses "I don't think it will be easy though."
"In case you find any type of signal, don't hesitate on telling us." Robin said. Dexter nodded in response.
The boy wonder turned to his fellow classmates "Is that all?"
"Hmm" Steven murmured "There was also a storage room, a door in the wall. It was full of boxes and Blossom, Bubbles and I found the e-books of the other ones..."
Finn's eyes widened "Really? Was there Jake's e-book?"
"I didn't see it but it most likely is there." Steven shrugged.
"Hmm..." Robin thought for a bit "That's... interesting for sure."
"So... can we go now?" Mandy asked, impatiently "I'm hungry."
"Wait, I wanted to talk to you guys about other thing." Robin admitted "It's about time we actually start searching more about this school. Why are we here, what kind of school is this, what's happening outside and, most importantly, who put us here..."
Mandy raised a brow, interested "And how are we supposed to figure that out?"
"Well, Dexter already said he could try and get a signal for help out." Robin said "He could maybe try and fix a computer from the library, so we could find the answers to our questions. You're the "Boy Genius" right?" Robin slightly smiled.
Dexter adjusted his glasses, smirking "Of course, I could give it a try. I don't know how I didn't think about this sooner!"
"As for the rest of us," Robin continued "We can search through the library and throughout the school."
"And you think Monokuma would just leave us clues about this whole situation? Pff." she rolled her eyes.
"Connie had found a book about this school right at the beginning, remember? So I still have some hope that we could find something here." Steven said.
"And there was that time where Dexter had found those files about us, remember?" Finn said.
"Oh yeah, I found them in the library!" he remembered.
"And maybe there's even some hidden information in any of the rooms, who knows." Blossom shrugged.
Robin nodded, smiling, with a sense of hope "So it's decided, let's get to work."
Mandy frowned at him, her foot tapping the floor impatiently.
"...After lunch of course." he weakly replied.

This is a short-ass chapter I know please don't kill me 😭 I decided to divide this chapter into two so it wouldn't be very confusing. Idk if it was a good idea but oh well. This was just a "build up" to show what the characters are going to do next and there will also be a lot of interactions between Blossom and other students.
To be honest, I have no idea as to when I'm going to upload the next chapter, HOPEFULLY at the end of this month.
Anyways, happy new year! :D