The dirt's grey.

Kageyama and Hinata rested next to each other below a tall oak tree with a picnic basket situated in front of them. The left flap was open, and it revealed all the colourful cakes and pastries, plus a carton of milk or two inside.

Thankfully the snow held off today, and the temperature didn't drop too low.

"Kageyama! Do you think I can eat this cheesecake in a handstand position?!" Hinata joked, rolling on his head on top of their brown rug.

Surrounding them were patches of vibrant grass. Surprisingly, it was in flawless condition and had a fresh tone to it, just like straight out of a fantasy garden. Nearby the grass were layers of dirt, which was convenient as it gave the area more reality.

Kageyama held his breath for a moment and gawked at Hinata.

"PFFFFTTTT!!!" He spat out his milk and cackled, which seemed to last a good ten seconds. "Are you serious? You'll end up waterboarding yourself but with food!"

Hinata joined in on Kageyama with the laughing. "I'm just that skilful! Why call Asahi for your Jesus work when you can call me!"

"JESUS WORK?!" At this point Kageyama was rolling on the floor, almost dying of laughter. "WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN??"

It was total mayhem. Hinata and Kageyama were both curled up on the rug. They were laughing hysterically.

At last, the laughing quieted down after a few minutes. They both lay on their backs, staring at the sky, catching their breath.

A few occasional giggles escaped their lips.

Hinata rotated his head to face Kageyama. "I want you to call me Shouyou."

Kageyama was taken abide by what happened and shot upwards into a seating position. He took a deep breath and smiled. "And I want you to call me Tobio."

Hinata sat up. He was beginning to smile, slowly but steadily.

"Tobioooo!" He cheered, jumping into his arms.

-

Even though today was overcast, and the winter sun was completely covered, they lay in each other's arms for what felt like an eternity. 

Hinata gazed into Kageyama's blue eyes. "Yknow, the sky's all grey today because all the blue is in your eyes."

Kageyama's face burnt up, and he started blushing. "The dirt's grey."

"What? The dirt's grey?" Hinata questioned in a confused tone.

"The dirt's grey because all the brown is in your eyes," Kageyama smirked, whilst throwing dirt into Hinata's face.

A/N: Sorry this is short! I wanted to write a wholesome chapter to calm the mood down, lmao. Also props to my friend Clare for inspiring me with the grey dirt scene! <3