Chapter 6; A snake in the grass

V R I N D A

V R I N D A

The same room. My vision could only see the same room, lightened
up with a thousand glowing lamps.

This was that room. The room in which The royal family of Indraprastha had perished.The Royal sabha of Hastinapur .The same view was in front of my eyes. The same bruised, beaten and swollen body of my mother lying on the floor, begging for help as the wretched vile creature walked towards her.

But there was one change. This time, my hands weren't tied down. This time I was free.

"STOP!" I yelled, with the power of every breath in my lungs. I felt silence fall upon the room.
I walked towards my mother, who was lying on the floor in the centre of the sabha.

"Maa?" I said, touching her bruised left cheek. Her eyes opened and she smiled. Her eyes were brimming with tears. The smile on her bruised and beaten face, sent a million shivers down my spine.

"I've come for you, Maa. I can save you." I said, trying to control my urge to burst into tears.
"This isn't real, Vrinda. You cannot save me, but you can save yourself." She replied.

"You have to go. You cannot change the past, Vrinda. But you can shape your future. Run away my child, otherwise these beasts will ruin you, as they have ruined me. They will crush your soul, as they have crushed mine. Run, my child, RUN!" She yelled. I saw the villainous creature walk towards my mother with lustful eyes. My gripped tightened around my mother's hand and I tried to pull her up with all the physical strength vested in me.

"I'm not gonna let this happen Maa! Not again!" I yelled.
"This isn't happening again, Vrinda. You're just repeatedly thinking about this. None of this is real." She replied, trying to get away from my grip.

"No. no. This feels real, Maa. I can't be my subconscious. I can save you, Maa. I am worthy now!" I replied to her, trying desperately to make her move.
"Vrinda, my child. Listen to me! Stop dwelling in the past! Let it go. Don't keep secrets from the ones you love. Save yourself. It is the only way."

"No. No. I can't, Maa. I can't!" I cried and hugged her.
"Shh, it's okay. It's okay, my child. Don't fear." She said and left my hand. Embracing the Horrific scene like a Lioness.

__________________

My eyes suddenly opened and I jerked to sit on my bed.

Another nightmare