Chapter 9; The Dive

V R I N D A

V R I N D A

Night had fallen upon the kingdom of Dwarka. The lights of the magnificent palace were dimmed, asking everyone to embrace their sleep peacefully.
I was without a doubt that every living creature would be sound asleep at this ungodly hour of the night, being the saints they were. But I, The only sinner amidst the saints, had no intentions of sleeping.

It wasn't as if I didn't want it. The lord only knows that I wanted to shut my mind off the most in this world. Put a temporary halt to the raging questions and dilemmas that were being born, every second inside my mind. Put a stop to the harsh realities of my existence. But unfortunately for me, I could never bring myself to do it.

Every time I thought that my life would become a little unpretentious, it got more complicated than it already was. Sometimes only because of my doings, sometimes by the doings of others.

"Maybe, just maybe little one. Prince Rudra is your destiny...."

Govind's words echoed in my mind like a song. Taking the role of fuel to heighten the fire of the raging dilemmas in my mind.

How could I know that Rudra wasn't lying to me? All my life I had been taught by everyone that I'd ever met, not to trust my enemies. And it was basic sense that his kingdom was Allied to the Kurus. It cannot simply be morality which would drive him to disobey his own father, even if he wasn't his biological one. There has to be a personal reason behind his choice.

I had to find out to entirely trust him.

Once Govind had told me to trust my destiny without a particular reason.
I guess, I just wasn't ready to install that kind of trust yet. For now there had to be a reason. Because my trust was too broken to trust without reason.

I directed my eyes towards the huge window of my room, still lying on the bed, to look at the huge moon. It is said that the moon doesn't own its light,  the sun is always kind enough to lend its own light to the moon.
I always wondered if the moon felt a certain insecurity towards the sun, that it might one day, cease to withdraw its light from the moon. Or if the sun felt superior to the moon, as it was the bringer of the latter's light.

My thoughts were suddenly interrupted, by a white pigeon who flew with great speed and sat right on the side of my bed. I smiled. The cute creature started making a cooing sound. My smile widened. I always had a soft spot for birds. They were undoubtedly god's most innocent creations.

Suddenly my gaze fell upon a piece of parchment which was delicately tied on the left leg of the white bird. I frowned.

What's this supposed to mean?

I gently held the pigeon and untied the thread to get hold of the parchment. As soon as the pigeon felt the weight of the parchment lifted from its leg, it instantly flew away out of the window, from where it had come in the first place. Almost as if its job was to deliver this message.